Fly high

Jenna's POV
I recognize this beeping sound. I slowly open my eyes and I also recognize these white walls. Then I remembered the accident. Val, Attyia, Feliks, where are they, are they okay ? I look everywhere around me but there's no one in the room. My heartbeat start to raise and make the machine beeps more often. Nurses rush into the room and inject something in my vein. It calms me a little bit. "Where's my family ?" I ask. " Your husband and daughter are both in critical condition." A nurse finally answers me. "What about my little boy ?" I ask concerned. She pauses and looked at me with pity. I knew what it meant, I just didn't wanted to believe it. "Sadly, he didn't made it..." she finally said, confirming my thought. I heard my heart crush in tiny pieces and my heart stopped beating. "NO ! NOT MY BABY BOY! NOT AGAIN ! No...." I said crying. I took a few minutes to calm down. "How long have I been here ?" I finally ask the same nurse. "No more than 3 hours..." She add. Wow... two kids in 3 hours. One miscarriage, one in a car accident. "Can I see my daughter and my husband..?" I finally have the guts to ask. "I'd love to answer you but only the doctor will decide if your strong enough to do this right now. I'll tell him to come and see as soon as he can." She answers. "Okay thanks you."

Few minutes goes by when finally the doctor comes in. "Hello Miss Johnson." He say smiling to me. I didn't smiled back, not that I didn't wanted to, I just wasn't strong enough. "Did you get all the bad news..?" He asked concerned. I looked at him confused. "I know about my son..." I add before tearing up again. "Ok just so you know, both your husband and daughter are in critical conditions. It'll be hard to see but if that's what you want-", "- I need to see them, they're my family." I say. The doctor agrees and set me up in a wheelchair. We pushes me to Attyia's room and stop right in front of the door. "I didn't told you about this but I feel like I need to before you see her. Your daughter is actually brain dead. She's just breathing and her heart his pumping blood." He says to me. For some reason I already knew something bad was happening. I think being told all of your kids are technically dead in less than four hours hit me more than this stupid car accident.

The doctor pushes the doors and pull the wheelchair in. He settled me beside my baby girl and left us alone. "Attyia... my little baby..." I said weeping, taking her hand in mine. She was completely disfigured, had tube going up her nose and her mouth. I knew this was our last moment together, I felt it. "I love you more than anything baby..." I decided to sing her favorite lullaby as a baby to share this moment.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are."

I heard a long beeping sound. My little angel was now gone. "Fly high baby girl..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I KNOW IM AWFUL OK ! I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON ! I'M CRYING MY HEART OUT RIGHT NOW ! 😭😭😩