No. 8

"Hey Ora, Emmeline," The two girls glanced towards the voice and saw Sirius sitting with a few boys, a broad grin on his face. Ora smiled back whilst Emmeline turned away, feeling a prickle of suspicion.

"What?" Ora called back, "Story time?"

Sirius shook his head, "Nah, just wanted to hang out. Come sit if you want to. I mean I want you to but can't force you."

"Ora, we don't know any of his friends and what if Mary susses out that I know you," Emmeline whispered, "This is weird."

"Or maybe my plan is working," Ora whispered, smiling at Sirius to let him know it was all okay, "I mean he said he wants me there."

Emmeline raised an eyebrow at her friend, "So I take it you're not angry anymore? You change so fast, it's hard to keep up. One day he's the best thing ever, next day he's upset you and you kind of want to punch him."

"Well, I did want to punch him but he gave it back," Ora said.

"... as part of some devious plan no doubt," Emmeline said, "It's been a week that you've known this guy, it feels like it's moving too suddenly and crazily. You're still in the trick phase of this plan, Ora."

"Or maybe my contract and me charmed him," Ora said, "Or he liked my brightly coloured tops, they are rather charming. I'll maintain a sort of professional stance if you want but we have been bonding well over the last few days. He even gave back the contract - "

"Are you guys coming over or what?" Sirius called over. Although she knew that Emmeline was probably right, Ora was only human and the idea of meeting Sirius's friends was a little too tempting. Besides, Sirius Black was really cute.

"Yep, we're coming over!" Ora replied, pulling Emmeline by her sleeve to the boys. She hastily whispered, "Come on, just for a bit..."

Ora flashed them a grin, intentionally skirting past Sirius and sitting next to Peter instead. Sirius raised his eyebrows at her and she gave him a smile, "He complimented my contracts, he's a whole lot better than you."

"I didn't say anything," Sirius said, holding his hands up defensively. Emmeline lurked at the side, her lips pursed in irritation, "Hey Emmeline, why don't you sit next to me? There's space."

"I'd rather dip my head in acid," Emmeline replied.

"...okay," Sirius said with a small smile, laughing it off, "Well, maybe in a bit. I know we got off to a rocky start but I think we could be friends."

"Think I'll stick to the dipping my head in acid thing," Emmeline replied. Ora looked at Sirius slightly suspiciously, wondering why he'd suddenly decided to be all friendly to Emmeline. She gave her friend a wave, patting the ground next to her. Emmeline saw her opportunity and darted away from Sirius; Ora wasn't sure but she swore he looked almost disappointed.

"Ora, I um... like your top," A tall, pale boy with a scarred face said to Ora who gave him a small smile, "It's very red, it's nice."

"Thanks," Ora replied, smiling at the boy even though she could feel her eyes drifting over to Sirius, who seemed to be looking to the right of her... at Emmeline. She furtively glanced behind to Emmeline who had got a textbook out of her bag, oblivious to Sirius's gaze, "I have one in almost every colour. My favourite is Emerald Green although I like royal blue as well."

"Emmeline, do you like brightly coloured shirts?" Sirius said, leaning back and giving Emmeline a nod. Ora turned away from the scarred boy, to watch the already bizarre and jealousy-invoking situation, "Hey Emmeline, I'm talking to you."

"I'm aware," Emmeline replied, looking up from her book reluctantly, "And no, I don't like them on me but they suit Ora, wouldn't you agree?"

"They're alright, I guess," Sirius said with a shrug. At this, Emmeline shut her book completely.