No. 32

"Okay," Sirius said, breaking away from Ora who gave him a vaguely disappointed look, "What does the accusation of Ann Putnam suggest about a possible cause for the Salem witches trials?"

Ora was still a little giddy from several minutes of desk snogging but managed to gather her thoughts, "Um... a family feud between the Putnams and Porters! Although many believe that Ann Putnam was a truly powerful witch but was forced to suppress it, hence her death at a young age. Is that right?"

Sirius scanned quickly over the textbook before slamming it shut, "Yep, you're right."

The words were barely out of his mouth before Ora put her arms back around his neck, pulling him into another kiss. When Ora had said she 'really fancied' him, he hadn't quite realised how much she meant it but it all worked for him, turns out he 'really fancied' her too, although he'd never utter the words out loud. Although Ora would probably have been happy simply snogging him for their entire 'tutoring' session, he was determined that she would at least get some work done to avoid another exhaustion situation. This had led them to a new system of work: revising for ten minutes, followed by snogging and the occasional asking of questions.

As much as he didn't want to, he broke away from her yet again, "Okay, Sarah Good, what are the currently established theories on why she was accused?"

"Although the accepted muggle theory is that she was accused out of spite from her husband or due to her dependency due to her lower economic status, it is widely believed that she was turned in due to her use of the imperius curse or 'possession' as the Puritans called it," She gabbled out quickly, "Did I get it?"

"Damn, you did," Sirius said, impressed by her near perfect definition, "Wow, you're five for five."

"I guess I have a good teacher."

"I'm good at everything," Sirius replied. She scoffed slightly, edging back along the desk towards him.

"Sometimes I forgot how vain you are," She said breathlessly before pulling him into yet another passionate kiss before he could think of a comeback. As he made his way along her neck, she used this opportunity to check the clock, gently pushing him off of her.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to be back," She replied softly, "I promised Emmeline that I'd be back, she even got out the contract tonight."

"Whoa, you have a contract with Emmeline?"

"Yeah, obviously," Ora replied, hopping off the desk and quickly buttoning up her shirt, tidying herself, "I have a contract with everyone else, that's how we became friends. Divination in fourth year, I think? It all blurs together, she was the only person who ever liked my contract, other than you. And even now, I get the feeling you don't like it as much as tolerate it."

"Did yours have a page twelve?"

"Of course it did, it was thirty pages along," She replied, "But page twelve in that one was just about bringing snacks to class."

"Oh, really?"

"Yep, you either had to bring enough for both of us or keep them in your bag. Oh, and nothing chewy, I can't stand the sound of chewing," She shuddered involuntarily, her eyes widening with vague horror as she noticed a dark purple mark on her neck, "Oh crap!"

"What's wrong?" He asked, noticing the blemish on her neck, "Oh... whoops."

"Whoops?" She said, "This is going to be so obvious!"

"Just magic it away."

"I can't magic it away, doesn't work like that," She said, "Hickeys need concealer, not magic. I have some in my room and Em might be in the library," She steadied her breathing, as she tried to think it through in a logical way, "It's fine, everything is just fine."