No. 69

Usually, Ora and Sirius liked to stay on ground level but seeing as he was taking a risk already, Sirius thought why not amplify it.

"Do you fancy going on the roof?" He asked, Ora's arm looped around his as the two wandered through the grounds that lunchtime.

"Which roof?"

He pointed towards a slightly lower gable just above them, "You can climb up from the window ledge there. It's fine if you don't but it's always nice up there."

She considered this for a few moments before nodding, "Are there any rules against this?"

"Probably but when has that ever stopped us?"

"If they're written down, I'm sure we could find a way around them anyway."

It took them a little while to clamber up there and for two graceful people, the ascent was surprisingly messy. Eventually, they got up there although there were scratches on their hands, their ordinarily immaculate hair slightly less perfect.

"Well, this is brilliant," She laughed, "It took us five minutes to get up here now we only have a ten minutes or so until Lunch is over."

"Getting down's easy," He pointed out, "It's not really that far a jump."

"True," She leant her head against his shoulder, "We should try a higher roof next time, you know, really commit to it. Think we'd get even better views," She paused as he began to rifle through his pocket, pulling out the crumpled parchment, "I forgot about these, I've been busy..."

"Read it," He instructed, passing it to her.

"I was actually going to turn it into a paper aeroplane," She giggled, before seeing a new solemness in his eye. The smile faded from her face as she unfurled the paper, her eyes scanning over it. He desperately tried to figure out what she was thinking but Ora's poker face was unreadable.

 He desperately tried to figure out what she was thinking but Ora's poker face was unreadable

"So?" He prompted after almost a solid minute of silence, "What do you think?"

"Hector Mestley ... that really burly Beater on the Ravenclaw team?"

Sirius nodded. Again Ora didn't respond for a bit, simply folding the note and slipping it into her pocket, "He ... he is attractive."

"He is," Sirius agreed, "So ... what do you think?"

"Did you ... sleep with him?"

"Not him but others," A sudden bout of nerves washed over him. Part of him wanted to play it off as a joke lest she break up with him or something but pushed on, "So what do you think?"

"He's attractive," Ora repeated, her head still leant on his shoulder, "I think he's blonde too, right? Well, I know he is actually... guess you have a type," She paused, shaking her head a little, "Here I was thinking it was a girl thing but you don't discriminate with your ditching."