No. 39

"You sure you don't want to come to Hogmeade with us?" Ora asked, kicking her legs idly in the air as she wrote down that days truth clause which she'd collected during breakfast.

For the fifth time, Emmeline shook her head, "I said I'd stay out of it."

"I didn't mean you couldn't hang out with us," Ora replied, "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, besides I wouldn't want to interrupt your date."

"It's not a date," Ora replied, "Lily's coming, so is James and Peter. Remus is still revising, apparentely he's incredible stressed for a test in a few days."

"Ancient Runes?"

Ora shrugged as she closed the notebook, turning around and delicately stashing it back in her bedside drawer, "He didn't say."

"It's Ancient Runes, trust me," Emmeline confirmed, "Besides, I can't actually come, I'm meeting a friend."

"Mary?"

"Nope," Emmeline replied as Ora stood up, stretching her arms as she turned over her shoulder, raising a quizzical eyebrow at her.

"You have other friends?"

"Yep, Marlene," Emmeline replied, "We kind of got chatting on the days where you weren't at the library and she's..." A lot of words drifted through her mind but she didn't want to arouse Ora's suspicion, "..nice."

"Seems a bit cold to me but the others like her," Ora replied with a shrug, "Well, what time are you meeting? I have to leave for the trip in like fifteen minutes so we can at least walk down together."

"Sure, we're meeting in the library then-ish," Emmeline replied, standing up and lurking behind her friend who was carefully doing her hair in the mirror, "So who's idea was it to bring the others?"

Ora rolled her eyes, "Didn't we agree not to talk about this? And it was never a date or anything, we haven't discussed that and ... I'm fine with it. We all agreed to go together, nobody led the discussion."

For the next fifteen minutes, the two girls chose to talk about everything else other than Sirius even though somehow it kept returning back to him. Usually, talking about other things was easy, but by banning the topic, it had somehow managed to stay on Emmeline's mind frequently so she was almost glad when the fifteen minutes came to an end and the two of them set off.

As the two of them waited for the moving stairs to shift their way, Ora felt a tap on her shoulder which made her jump a little, almost bumping Emmeline forwards off the side.

"Jesus, Ora, are you trying to push me off?" Emmeline exclaimed, clinging onto the balcony rail before looking up to see a tall boy with short, chestnut brown hair lurking behind Ora which made her almost fall again.

"No..." Ora replied vaguely, glowering at the boy who had seemingly come out of nowhere, "What the fuck did you do that for?"

"I tapped you," The boy replied, in a shrill, posh voice, "I hardly did anything worthy of cursing."