No. 60

When she arrived at Sirius' room, his eyes were closed and his legs were curled up into a fetal position: peacefully asleep. A sharp thwack over the head with one of James's luxury pillows changed that.

"You arsehole ... I ... I stole a car!"

Of all the things Sirius had expected to wake up to, his angry girlfriend at one in the morning wasn't on the list. As he stretched his arms out, a tired smile crossed his face at the sight of her leaning over him.

"You stole a car? Nice."

She hit him with the pillow again, "Not nice, illegal!"

"You're Lawyer girl though!"

Ora pursed her lips, pacing slightly, "Yeah, I write contracts and like rules but that doesn't make me a qualified lawyer. You know what does? Law school. And you know what can stop someone from going to law school? A criminal record, the kind you'd get from stealing said car! I ... I cannot believe you ... I thought you were in danger! Like Deatheater danger or you'd been cursed but no, you're fine and sleeping!"

"Well, it is one o'clock."

He clearly realised this mild sass was not helpful as Ora held the pillow up in a threatening manner before suddenly clutching it, "Oh Merlin, Grandpa's going to prison or ... maybe not, he can become a fox - "

"You're Grandpa's an animagus? Rad ... sorry, Lily taught me that."

"Yeah, it is," She agreed, temporarily calming down before getting riled up again, "And Dad will be so mad at me, so mad, this is something my Mum would do ... and for what?! Before you say anything, I know it was my choice to come but you'd be lying if you said you hadn't intentionally lured me here."

Sirius grinned, "You've got me ... I missed you but I thought you wouldn't want to leave your family if you didn't have to so figured I'd trick you as that's our thing."

"Sirius, I'm your girlfriend," She sighed, "If you want me to see me, just say and then we can trick people together. Don't send me owls saying you're in urgent danger, it's freaky."

At this, a look of guilt crossed Sirius's ever cocky face as he nodded, "Okay, I'll do that next time ... now that you're here, might want to spend the night ... I am somewhat Shagadelic ..."

She raised an eyebrow, "More of Lily's muggle slang?"

"Yes... it fits, right?"

Ora rolled her eyebrows, "It does but you forget I've been driving for two hours and need sleep urgently - "

It was at this moment, Mrs Potter chose to poke her head around: Sirius was just glad she hadn't overheard the last part, "Is everything okay with you two? Sirius, are you in danger because if you are Fleamont and I can help."

"Thank you, Euphemia," Sirius grinned, "But I'm fine, it was a miscommunication," Ora let out a loud snort of derision at this, "We'll see you in the morning, I think."

"Okay ... Ora do  you want me to fix you up a spare bed?" Mrs Potter asked but Ora shook her head, pouting at her boyfriend.

"No, thank you, I can sleep here," She replied, "Thank you though. I promise I won't murder him in the night."

Mrs Potter looked slightly alarmed as she closed the door but left them nonetheless. The tiredness suddenly hit and Ora slumped back onto the mattress, figuring sleeping in clothes was not half as bad now she'd stolen a car. 

In a vaguely caring gesture, Sirius pulled the blanket over her, before propping himself up a little, "Technically there was a disaster ... James invited Lily and they spend half the day all over each other and the other half letting me third wheel. It wasn't terrible but it would have been nice with some company, you know?"