No. 20

"Moony and Wormy are doing some weird project for Slughorn," Sirius casually lay back on his bed as James stood in the front of the mirror, messing up his hair in just the right way, "Guess, it's just you and me. What shall we do? Hex Snivellus just for old time's sake?"

"Mate, I wish," James sniggered, "Can't, me and Lily are going through some old detention records in that old Transfiguration room."

"That's what it means to be Head Boy and Head Girl?" Sirius snorted, "Glad I didn't apply."

"There was no application, I just got picked for being awesome," James replied, glancing back at Sirius in the reflection, "And Lily volunteered us, I just went along with it."

"Detention records, huh? Romantic, maybe you can shag her on one of the tables as papers fly everywhere," Sirius said, throwing his hands up, miming the papers, "Sounds like a film... I don't really know actually, I'm just basing all my film knowledge on that one with the light wand things."

"Lightsabers?"

"Yeah, those. I reckon I could do that but with flying papers instead," Sirius sat bolt upright, "We should make it now!"

James glanced over his shoulder, giving his best friend an apologetic smile, "Still filing records, Padfoot, another night."

"Why don't you just ask Lily out rather than just filing papers with her?" Sirius asked suddenly and James seemed to jump slightly at the sudden question.

It took him a few moments but he was quick to fire back, "Why don't you just ask Ora out rather than writing a contract and fighting with her?"

"We're not fighting anymore," Sirius replied slowly, "And shut up, I'm not asking her out, she's just a friend."

"I dunno. You met her on a date, you've said yourself you would shag her," James replied, shrugging slightly, "I still think you like her."

"I still think you like Lily."

James shrugged, giving a small smile, "Yeah, I'm not hiding it. I think Lily knows I like Lily after that day in Fifth year, bit awkward."

"Nah, that was two years ago," Sirius replied, "I think if you asked her out, she'd say yes."

"You don't know that."

"Yeah, I do..."

James' brow furrowed, "You do? How?"

Sirius was about to reveal all before remembering his promise to Lily not to tell and shut his mouth quickly, replying with a simple shrug, "Eh, I know girls and it feels like she does."

For a second, James looked as if he wanted to say something important before shaking his head, "We only have less than a year left, think my prime time has passed. It's nice just hanging out anyway, don't want to make it awkward. Thanks for your useless advice though, really appreciate - OW!"

Sirius lobbed his pillow at James, hitting him with surprising force, knocking his glasses askew. He quickly put them on, giving Sirius a vengeful smirk, "You tosser. You're lucky I'm on my way out or I'd - "

"Do what? Throw a pillow back? I'm not a specky eyed git like you, I'd be fine," Sirius taunted, casually putting his hands behind his head and lying back. For a moment, Sirius thought his plan had worked and James was going to stay but with one last look in the mirror, James headed for the door.

"Try not to get too lonely without me," James smirked, "Think of Ora, she'll bring you some happiness I bet - "

"Piss off, Prongs," Sirius grinned, "Love you."