Chapter 11 - The less you look, the more you find

It was around 12am and I sat on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. Every single detail suddenly made me wonder what the motive was behind it. It was horrible to even imagine, but what if Alex actually killed my mother? What if the one person I was looking for was right under my nose? And was I safe with Oliver? Everything was blurry in my head, and I felt drunk; and overdosing on negative thoughts. I put on the radio next to me to calm me down, but it only made it worse when I heard the news. "Breaking news: 18 year old black Male dead body found washed up at shore. Sources tell us that he goes by the name of Joe hickery, and he was killed by being profusely stabbed, and it seems like all his blood has been drained from his body even though his body had been reported to be about a day old". What in the actual fuck? Good thinking Oliver. Just kill an innocent man and dumb him in the river for the carnivorous fish to have a feast and a party. I ran downstairs to tell my father to tune in to the radio, and when I walked in to his room I was completely mortified. He was butt naked, having sex with another Nigerian looking woman, but she looks atleast 20 years old. "Daddy, What the fuck? What is this mess?" I asked, disregarding the fact that I had sworn. "My friend will you close that door right now! What is your business with what I do with my life? Get out before I wound you!" He said, pointing the the door that I was standing behind. I closed the door and just kept mute. Really daddy? Not too long after my mother and your wife's death you are sticking your expired penis into somebody else? I was sobbing quietly. I knew that there was no way I was going to find out who really killed my mother with my father in the way and moving mad, so I decided to run away. I went upstairs, packed my most prized possessions and called Oliver. "Olly, pick me up at my house right now. I'm going to stay at your place until further notice" I said to Oliver, whispering. "Erica, I don't think this is the most healthy environment to stay in, but since you have no where else to go, I'll come pick you up. It's late as bloody fuck, and cold as balls outside. But anything for you princess" He said, mocking me. I was a princess, though, and I was glad that he knew that. I waited outside for Oliver for about 10 minutes. He was right. It was cold as balls outside. So cold that I had to put both my hand between my thighs to keep them warm. It did not take that long for Oliver to arrive, but it felt like a millennium. "Hey, get in the fucking car and let's speed off. It's so cold out here" He said, shivering. I got in the car and Oliver gave me a blanket and a fresh cup of hot coffee from Tim Horton's. "This should keep you warm. I hope you're okay. Why do you wanna stay with the Connors?" He said, confused. "My father prohibited me from investigating my mothers case, and I later found him fucking another bitch. How mad" I said. "Bullshit" He said, in shock. "How disrespectful". I kept quiet for the remainder of the car ride, and Oliver did the same. Oliver always did a grinding motion with his teeth with made his jawline more prominent when he was upset, and they were so sexy you would literally want to lick them.

When we arrived at the house, it was just as it was the first time. The house was bigger than life, and I had just noticed that it had a pool the shape of a dollar, with gold surrounding it. "Let's get into the room quietly, you'll have enough room and we can talk more okay?" He said. "They recognise my footsteps so I'm going to have to carry you so they don't hear foreign footsteps" and he didn't let me say a word. He just carried me up and took my small self up to his room, where he locked the door behind him. "There's food and drink in the fridge. Want some vodka? Anything you want. You can have it" Said Alex. I was never one to say no to a little vodka, but I knew where it almost landed me last time. This time around, though, I would be responsible and not fall all over Oliver. Oliver had a few shots of vodka while he turn on his expensive stereo, playing redbone by childish gambino. We were both getting slightly tipsy and eventually got really drunk. I knew I was drunk when I started twerking to childish gambino, while Oliver watched me as he was lighting a cigarette. "You look so sexy, Erica. Fuck mate! Fuck Genie. Alex just can't handle all of this ass" He said as he slapped my ass. I was honestly too drunk to get defensive about it. We did the same thing for about an hour, and we began to play flirt, in which he put his arm around my neck and I put my head on his shoulder. We immediately started making out, nothing turned into something, which meant that we were both naked under his bed sheets. "Do you want to do this, Erica?" Oliver asked. "I'm a virgin Olly, just so you know. Also, you're gay". "Fuck, really? I don't wanna dis virgin you. And also, I pose to be just gay so my father can think I'm tough and will never fall in love with a girl that could swindle me into betraying her, but I'm actually bisexual. But see the thing is, I pose to be just gay in front of my father, and pose to be straight in school. But I feel like with you I can be who I am. A bisexual. Erica I don't know what you put in my drink, but I just want you...." and I interrupted him, grabbing his rock hard penis. He acted accordingly and made me feel amazing. It was nothing like Alex would have ever done. His was so soft yet rough and assertive. He really took control in the bedroom, and I could understand why Emily found it so hard to let go of this un cultured, yet misunderstood twat.

After we finished, I slept off on Oliver's bed, completely tired. I got up to a million missed calls from my father, but he could fuck in hell, because he was a betrayer.

I was woken up at around 6am to the sounds of screaming and arguing. "What the fuck mate? Why the fuck is she in your bed instead of mine?" And it sounded like Alex's voice, followed by Oliver's reply. "Because Genie was occupying it. Don't get jealous when you pushed her away" Said Oliver. "I have reasons, Oliver, REASONS! Our father is a fucking druglord serial killer that also sells alcohol that magically gives you the power to do what is in your mind, which by the way, is VERY popular these days! If that secret gets out, we're fucked Oliver! You think I don't want that African beauty in my arms? She's glorious and I HATE Genies attitude. But if this deal falls through and we find a way to kill her dad then everything would be settled. PLEASE. DON'T SHAG HER AGAIN!" Said Alex. What THE FUCK? THEIR FATHER IS A DRUG DEALER AND ALCOHOL PEDDLER! I WAS IN THE HOUSE OF A FUCKING CRIMINAL. I quickly got up and went to take a shower, because they did not know that I was awake and eavesdropping. If their dad was a druglord, then what was Genies dad? I wore Oliver's unisex clothes and went downstairs for breakfast, to meet Alex and Oliver, with Genie sitting next to Alex. "Oh good morning ghosts and fuckers, you alright mate?" I said, pointing at Alex. "Why did you block me on everything Erica? ?" He said, looking straight at me. "I don't fuck with you anymore Alex. Stop asking about my personal life" I said, with a changing tone. "You have a wife". I felt a little bit bad for shutting him out, but that would teach him not to keep things from me next time; if there was such thing as a next time, due to he news I had just heard. I got breakfast and decided to take a cab to school, because everything and everyone was annoying and irritating me at this point, and I found it hard to believe anybody. I had to walk about 10 minutes down south to be able to see a cab, because from the Connor house to the third stop light, it was bleak, with not a single cab or soul on the road.

School  was a blur. My only focus was to understand how I could have fallen in love with a drug dealers son, and how that secret was kept from me for this long. I hated every single bit of it, and I know they hated the life they had to live, too. It was pretty obvious anyway. All those dodgy conversations and sealed boxes. Anyway, my dad came to look for me in school today, and I dodged every single one of  his appearances. He was far from important to me at this particular moment. Then it hit me that I had just run away from the house that a potential killer was prowling around. I knew I was safe where I was though, because nobody could find where I was on the map. Right?...yeah, right. But there was something at the back of my mind. Though my father was number one on my hate list, I still cared about him and his safety. He was in the house with no idea that he may be in grave danger. But I thought he would be just fine. He was a prick, but he did not deserve to die. After school was over, I hurried over to a cab so they could drop me a few streets from the Connors house, and then I walked to the house. Luckily, when I got inside, everyone has simmered down and there were no arguments. I went upstairs to Oliver's room to meet an expensive, bejewelled dress lying on his bed. There was a note next to it. "Here's a beautiful dress for Emily's party. I will also be there to finally see your beautiful self. Xoxo murderer". WHAT? THE KILLER IS GOING TO BE AT EMILYS PARTY AND HE OR SHE GAVE ME A DRESS? And how did whoever this was find out that I was here now? I thought nobody knew where the Connor house was located! I quickly just folded the dress and put it in my bag, out of sight of Oliver. I wanted to place it at my house so he would not end up finding it.

I took a cab as normal to my house and what I met frightened me. It was surrounded by police officers with big guns and a strong face. I entered the house to find my father in handcuffs. "Officer, what's wrong?" I asked. "Your father is under arrest for the murder of Adebunmi Olufemi, his wife and your mother". I looked at my father and he gave me the most sinister look ever, as though he wanted me to just melt in the ground. I looked at he ground, while I sped walked upstairs due to my utter anger. I put the dress down and a hand on my head. Did my father actually kill my mother? He couldn't possibly had been the one sending all those notes. I would've brought them out for the police but I did not want to get involved in that for the moment. I cried the loudest cry ever, and started the hit my head on the ground. Everything was falling apart and all my efforts to keep it together were failing. All of a sudden Oliver called me. "Olly, my father just got arrested for seemingly murdering my mother" I said. "Yeah, so did Alex". SO DID ALEX? WHAT? I quickly cut the call and started crying again. It was a rough day, and everything I knew to be true was crumbling right in front of my eyes. If my dad was convicted I would have no parents. If Alex was convicted it would pain me greatly, despite recent events. I wanted to give up looking into the issue all together, but my mother deserved justice the right way; with making sure hat the right person was behind bars for the rest of their life.

I sobbed a little more, hoping that my sobbing would be so much that it would drown me and I would die.