Chapter 23 - Flying without Wings

HEY GUYS! IVE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS AND EXAMS, BUT IM BACK AND I WILL BE POSTING MORE OFTEN. ENJOY THIS CHAPTER AND DON'T FORGET TO SHARE YOUR THEORIES. Don't be shy!
I woke up, to find that Oliver was not by my side. He had been throwing up all over the toilet, and it reeked of drunkenness and utter regret. He had fallen asleep on the bathroom floor, in his own vomit. "Oliver, are you okay?" I said, as I tactically attempted to wake him up without touching his vomit. "Oliver, wake up!" I said, jerking him backward and forward.

"What. The. Fuck." He said, staring down at his trousers and the pool of vomit, in which he was sleeping comfortably in a few minutes prior. "Last night was insane.." he said, as he sat up just to throw up. This time, his vomit had turned bright red, sending me a flag similar to its colour.

"Olly, are you sure this is a hangover? I mean, I drank as much as you if not more, and you have a higher tolerance than me. I mean, you're bigger than me also! It makes no sense" I say, looking down at him for the first time.

"Maybe I mixed something in my drink that I'm not supposed to. It's fine Erica. I'm fine."

I was reluctant to believe his obvious facade he was putting on in front of me, but it was Oliver. He told me literally everything, and there was no reason to hide anything from me, as I was always understanding. I left Oliver on the bathroom floor as I went to the room to clean up. As I was putting away stained clothes and underwear that reeked with the gory scent of alcohol, I got a call.

It was Alex.

"Hello, Alex! Oh, it slipped my mind to call you" I said, trying to act as though I was not just drunk out of my mind ten hours ago.

"I know Oliver is with you."

My heart stopped. The feeling of betrayal in his heart leaked from the phone into my ear. I paused for at least a minute, to conjure a response that would leave him feeling rest assured, or at least, less inferior.

"Alex.."

"Save it Erica. Fucking save it. I mean, did you think I wouldn't find out that you took my brother all the way to bloody Africa just because you needed to fuck him so bad?" He said, with a tone that sounded more disgusted than angry or disappointed.

"We didn't have sex, if that's what you're wondering." I said, lying straight through my teeth.

"Bullshit. Anyway, you can fuck whoever you like, Erica. It's just pretty selfish to fuck with two brothers, isn't it?"

He was right. The desire for both of their good traits to cancel out each other's bad traits blinded me from the sheer fact that they were brothers. Blood brothers that I was switching between simultaneously whenever I was in unbearable desire for the other one. I had used the money of one of them just to fuck the other. I sighed, searching for an answer that would prevent the elimination of Alex from my life altogether. He was my first love, after all.

"Alex, I...I don't know what to say."

"You never know what to say. I poured my heart out to you Erica. I told you I loved you and you did this to me."

"How did you even find out?"

"Check Oliver's instagram"

I minimised the call and maneuvered my way to Oliver's instagram. What I saw filled my heart with both anger and regret. Oliver had posted a drunk picture of both of us, with me kissing his neck, as the other side of his neck had an undeniable hickey. I hated myself.