Chapter 24 - Old habits die hard

Hey Guys! Just a notice that African beauty will end at Chapter 30, after which I might create a sequel, depending on how well this story does! Continue reading, voting etc. if you want a sequel! Enjoy this chapter!

"ERICA! ERICA!" Called a person, and when I
turned over to look, it was Oliver and Alfie. After literally a second, another car pulls up, and in it contained Alex. How Alex managed to get all the way here in such a short time and know where I was, was beyond me. All I knew was that he was here. Here to protect me, disregarding our incident earlier. However, Oliver was also here, and he brought Alfie. At this point, the fear of confrontation by Alex overtook and overran the fear that I felt from the unknown, potential rapist.

At the corner of my eye, I noticed the slight, yet ever so noticeable movement of the masked human. I knew that I would forever live in peril and depression if I did not know who this person was. The person that had been fucking with my state of mind for three months. The person that, in a matter of seconds, distorted who I was, what I lived for. I quickly ran towards the figure and jumped on top, restricting him/ her from movement. At the very split second, I aggressively removed the hood of the masked human, as though I was removing my pain; my fear. All of a sudden, my feeling of liberation turned into sheer embarrassment, and my world came crashing down like an ignited aero plane once again.

It was Kayode.

"What the fuck? Is this some kind of joke?" I said, my eyes feeling Cloudy with the tears of utter pain. I ran towards Alex and clasped my arms around his tall, fit body, feeling the sadness in Oliver's eyes and breath as he took a loud, relieving sigh.

"I'm so glad you're here" I whispered, as I ran back and grabbed Kayode's neck.

"What the fuck is this?" Said Alfie, moving closer towards me.

"Are you fucking dumb man? Were you the nigga that poisoned Oliver?" Said Alfie in screaming rage.

Kayode was dumbfounded. He uttered no words, no response. His face was turning slightly purple from my grip on his neck, but I paid no mind.

"Answer me! DID YOU POISON HIM OR NOT?" Said Alfie, as he unintentionally pushed me off Kayode and grabbed his neck tightly and securely, lifting him up slightly.

"Yes...yes I did" Said Kayode, gasping for small bursts of breath, while fighting to free himself from Alfie's strong, emotion infused grip.

"Now why the fuck would you.."

"Did you kill my mother? Did you...rape her?" I said, looking up in utter embarrassment, as my unmitigated rage built up.

"No, I didn't. I only wrote the letter and poisoned Oliver. Please Alfie...let me talk."

"Release him Alfie" I said, in a monotone, breathless manner.

Alfie's hands, whose veins popped, signifying strength, lowered Kayode, and let go of his short neck.

"Erica, I've always loved you" he said, breathing heavily to catch previously scanty air.

"I just, wanted you. It became an obsession, to the point where I couldn't eat; couldn't sleep. I could control it for a while, even after I saw you and Oliver together. Then, something happened. I don't know what, but it made me want to take you for myself, and eliminate anything in my way. I poisoned Oliver and wrote the note to show threat."

"So you were the one that ordered the drink and sent it "anonymously"" I Said, as I sweated, awaiting a sound "yes" or "no" answer.

"What are you talking about? I only slipped the poison in Oliver's drink. I didn't order the whole drink itself. What does that have to do with anything?"