Chapter five

This chapter was made on December 17th, 2017. It has been rewritten since November 17th, 2020. I am now a more capable writer who wishes to rewrite their previous work. Some details might change, old fans will notice, so some comments may not make sense.

You may notice the writing style change next chapter - I may have not gotten to that chapter yet, and am working on it currently. Sorry about that!

Notes - This chapter was ALSO a pain to rewrite - I really didn't give myself much to work with in the past, did I? I had around 100 words to turn into something decent without spilling over. What the hell past me?

...

Raphael stifled a groan of pain as he came to, hearing something rattle at he pressed his head to his hands, feeling it throb uncomfortably. That was one hit he took during that fight. He was surprised that it didn't feel like his shell was broken. Cracking open an eye, he looked around the room, breath hitching when he found all three of his brothers. Shit. Leonardo was next to him, breathing uneven and slow, and Mikey was unconscious across the room besides Donnie - who's eyes were staring right back at him.

"Raph." His voice sounded rough, and the older took notice of the bruises forming along his brother's face and neck. He didn't like what he saw. "God. Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He ground out, rolling his neck to ease some of the tension there. He looked to his side at the youngest, who had died blood stained down his arm and head. He was asleep, it looked like, so Raphael left him for now. "What happened?"

"Shredder knocked you out, hit Mikey with some sort of... Tranquilizer, and then punched me until I was unconscious, hence the bruises. He must've found Leo before us." Donnie smiled despite the fact they were sat inside of a prison cell bound by chains like animals. "We got our asses kicked, Raphie."

"I know." He felt embarrassment rise up his neck. This was his fault - if he hadn't made such a stupid decision to leave their weapons at the lair. What kind of leader even did that? His eyes glanced over at Leo, slumped against the wall. 'Not that one'...

"Shred-Head must have some sort of plan for us." Raph theorized, doing Leonardo and Donatello a favor by actually being helpful for once. "Otherwise we'd all be dead by now."

Donnie nodded, wincing as it tugged on his all-too-sore neck. "Yeah - I-"

He cut himself off when the prison door squeaked open, and a rich man stepped into the room, dressed in traditional Japanese clothing that would make Leo drool, though his face was anything but pretty. It was easy to tell that it was Shredder, even without the mask. Raphael wished he'd brought the fucking mask with him. He didn't want to look that man in the eye.

"Hello turtles." He smiled, his slightly diamond-encrusted fake looking teeth shining. Raphael felt like gagging. "Today I'm finally getting rid of you. An old friend of mine said he was dying for some new entertainment, and I offered your services." Raph could see Donnie tensing from across the room, his eyes betraying his true emotions; fear. "So, in exchange for, how much did he pay? Twenty million dollars? - For you all-" His hand danced around the room, pointing to each and every one of them like they were toys. He pressed a finger to Leonardo's head, and Raph let out an animalistic growl. "-to be part of his zoo for endangered and rare animals!"

"What!" The oldest fought his chains, trying to get up - to punch that smug look off of the man's face. "Hell no - the fuck am I going to a zoo!"

"Well, tough luck Raphael." He said smugly, walking over and crouching down besides the red-banded turtle to see right into his fiery eyes. "And luckily for you all, my friend is coming over today to inspect you - how fun!"

With that, and a swish of his cloak, the Shredder was gone, leaving them alone to dwell with the information bestowed upon them.