Chapter nine

This chapter was made on January 13th, 2018. It has been rewritten since November 20th, 2020. I am now a more capable writer who wishes to rewrite their previous work. Some details might change, old fans will notice, so some comments may not make sense.

You may notice the writing style change next chapter - I may have not gotten to that chapter yet, and am working on it currently. Sorry about that!

Notes - So I was almost mugged today, and what a great way to celebrate not dying by rewriting another chapter? 

Notes on mugged situation: Basically I'd been needing to take a train, train was cancelled due to it hitting someone, I was stuck in a half-familiar place with no where to go, due to covid, and a dead phone. I ended up outside a mcdonalds after being chased by some man who ran when he saw me enter the store, so I stayed close. I managed to charge my phone using my laptop and am now safe and sound - thank the fucking lord. I'd say thank you to all the souls who helped me find my way home, but humanity really failed me there - no one stopped to ask if I was okay; a short, shaking, 15 year old who looks about 10. Humans, man, who needs em. 

...

All the group snapped their heads to look up at Leonardo. He breathed out roughly, trying to act sleepy and tired, although his mind was screaming; 'No, no I don't want to go again - not again!'

Raphael took off with a growl, jumping onto the platforms and ropes and skillfully making his way into the den, hopping through the hole and looking down at his brother. "It's alright." He was practically cooing, reaching a hand out to pat his shoulder; "We won't let them take you."

The smaller nodded, and he suddenly felt the need to be close to his older brother, to know he wasn't alone. He sure felt like it right now.

"Guys-" Donnie called out, voice heightened with worry. "Did any of you eat any of the food they left out for us the other day?"

Leo's heart stopped, and he felt Raph shudder next to him from his brother's sudden, dead posture. "W-What?"

"They put sedatives in the food - They're hoping to grab Leo from us once we're all down!"

"I did." He whispered, and Raphael turned to look at him, green eyes wide. He had been wondering why his arms hadn't gotten back to normal yet - he was still being affected by drugs running through his system. 'Dammit' - "Raph, I did-"

Arms locked around him in a crushing hug - one Leonardo realized was one to try and keep him awake; "Let's get you down from here." Raphael couldn't contain his worry, and his eyes betrayed the anxiety rippling from his mind. "I'm worried you'll fall; Mike!"

"Coming, Raphie!" Yelled his brother, and the ropes vibrated as he pulled himself upwards, coming to rest on the one just outside of the den. His eyes widened at the younger's shaky form - how his head rested in the crook of their older brother's neck, eyes dilated and half closed as he fought the drugs beginning to overrun his system once more. "Oh Leo..."

"Help me get him down - Just make sure he doesn't fall off my back."

Michelangelo nodded fiercely, sheltering a hand on Leonardo's shell as the turtle was guided onto Raphael's own. "You got this, Leon." The nickname was new and fresh on his tongue, and to be honest, Mikey kind of liked the sound of it. "Don't let go, yeah?"

The leader grunted, taking a hold of the ropes and hoisted himself up, feeling Leo's weight change his balance ever-so slightly. The turtle's hands weren't as tight as Raphael would've wanted, and his arms were clammy where his limbs were wrapped around his neck. They quickly made their way to the floor, where Raphael carried his brother into the nearby bushes, sheltering him from the humans that were bound to be watching them.

Leo's body hit the floor with a small thump, and, as Donatello rushed over, the red-banded turtle could see the fear leaking through his brother's eyes - like an open tap of a sort. The sheer terror of being forced away from his brothers again must be kicking in. Leo always did have a soft spot for social interaction. "It's okay, bro." Mikey whispered, patting his head in a calming fashion, face trying hard not to show how angry he was; and after all these years of knowing the orange-banded brother, Raphael knew by far that this anger was by far the biggest rival to his own hot temper. "We're here."

"Not... again." The blue-clad turtle ground out, trying to push himself up, his body's functions diminishing by the second. "Don't... wanna..."

"I know." Donnie spoke from behind his other brothers, pushing past them gently and kneeling down to look eye-to-eye with their youngest. "But we won't leave you - if you pass out, they've got to get through us first before they can take you."

His deep-blue eyes drooped again, but he snapped them awake. Donatello placed a comforting three-fingered hand on Leonardo's shoulder, squeezing it earlier like he had done to Donnie to soothe him. A lump formed in the base of the smaller turtle's throat. "Just sleep. We've got this."

'I trust you, Donnie.' Leo's body finally shut down, and he felt Raphael's own enclose on him, holding him tightly. 'Even if you don't quite trust yourself.'