Chapter six

This chapter was made on December 17th, 2017. It has been rewritten since November 17th, 2020. I am now a more capable writer who wishes to rewrite their previous work. Some details might change, old fans will notice, so some comments may not make sense.

You may notice the writing style change next chapter - I may have not gotten to that chapter yet, and am working on it currently. Sorry about that!

Notes - I really outdid myself this time; this chapter was tiny, around two hundred words, but look at it now! *Again, such vivid images of a more horribly-constructed chapter)

...

Leo let out a low whimper against his will, his body aching and fighting to remain under the influence of unconsciousness. His body felt heavy, a slow, throbbing pulse throughout him that made him want to curl up and sleep just a little longer. Why did everything hurt? His mind was foggy, drugged up on pain and exhaustion as he fought to remember.

His breath hitched as he moved his body tiredly along the rooftops, mind flashing with images of his death - either by falling to the ground and smashing his skull open, or here, being hunted down by foot-ninja. Unsheathing his last available katana, he sliced through the first row of villains before him, the machinery spluttering to a halt as he slid past them, leaving them to all fall off the building. If Shredder was caught for using illegal robots, so what. He couldn't hold Leonardo to that.

What felt like a boulder smashed into his left arm and chest, his already depleting oxygen leaving him momentarily. Winded, he fell to the floor, eerily missing falling over the edge by just a fraction. He growled, pulling himself up again; he couldn't die now. Not after storming out the lair like that. He needed to say sorry to Donnie - to hangout with Mikey - to get to know Raph just a little bit more-

"Leonardo."

That voice - the turtle tried to look up, but something else came down on his head, slamming it into the concrete of the rooftop with a sickening crack. His eyes watered, and he began to struggle more, pulling at the floor with his bruised, colourful knuckles. A foot, he thinks he sees, comes crashing down, stomping on his hand roughly, enjoying the way he cried out and curled his fingers in an attempt to shield them. That same foot kicked at his chest, and he rolled with the force of it, wheezing heavily as he did so.

"You really think you can defeat me? Like this?" Another kick, this time making him lay on his back rather than his stomach. The foot pressed down on his plasteron forcefully, and Leonardo's hands, by default, wrapped around the leg, clawing and scratching at the metal frantically. "Disgusting. You even fight like an animal."

"Ack!" The foot pressed harder, and now even his legs were trying to scrape at the thing stopping him from breathing. Tiny dots began to form in the corner of his eyes, closing in like a predator to prey.

The last thing he heard, whispered almost against his ear, was a quiet - "Just like your father."

"Leo?" That was Donatello's voice - a calm in this ever-growing storm. (When did they end up here with him? It felt like days since he'd been awake - surely it hadn't been that long?) He must have heard him cry out. Leo's brows furrowed with the agony, but he didn't open his eyes. "Raph, check him please-"

"On it." There was a shuffling noise off to his right, and a hand suddenly came down on his shoulder, prodding and pressing against his skin as he swiped what Leo assumed was the blood stains off of him. He winced as the older turtle picked up one of his shackled hands, hearing him emit what sounded like a vocalization of his own inner turmoil; he must've looked bad for Raphael to sound like that. "He looks like shit, Don." His voice was filled with pain and guilt, and Leonardo's heart clenched. "What did they even do to him?"