Chapter eleven

This chapter was made on January 2nd, 2018. It has been rewritten since November 24th, 2020. I am now a more capable writer who wishes to rewrite their previous work. Some details might change, old fans will notice, so some comments may not make sense.

You may notice the writing style change next chapter - I may have not gotten to that chapter yet, and am working on it currently. Sorry about that!

notes: oh boy oh BOY do these chapter rewrites just keep getting longer and longer. I used to find 1000 words hard to do - these bad boys are all 3000 plus!

...

Raphael growled for what felt like the millionth time, eyeing the scientists just outside the glass panels, who were chatting quietly among themselves. This was the first time they'd seen any men and women since Leonardo had been taken; and the red-clad turtle wasn't pleased with them. This time, however, they were angled towards them, clipboards in hands, brows furrowed as they wrote and wrote and wrote.

While he couldn't know for certain what was being written, he assumed it had to be about them. A few of them would jot something down whenever he behaved in his usual, raging-self, he noted, and the same went for when Michelangelo acted strangely - or well, normally he supposed. Swinging from the ropes and doing flips, or diving into the water with a squeal. Donatello didn't seem to have many people writing for him; perhaps they couldn't see much worth writing, as there wasn't a way to put his intelligence to the test in this forsaken cage. But it confirmed his thoughts; behaviour studies. He'd seen Splinter, Leonardo and Donatello watch shows on it before while he was training. He knew the basics of it to notice it playing out right in front of him.

'Who would've thought that people would be interested in my anger and Mikey's stupidity?' He snorted, eyeing up a platform nearby to the glass, pushing himself up with all his might and grabbing a hold of the wood, hoisting himself up and swinging his legs around to further steady himself. "Nice, Edge." He heard one of the workers coo, and he couldn't help but want to punch those stupid smiles off their faces. He'd only come closer to know what they were doing, not to listen to baby-talk.

"Hey, John?" One of the females piped up, tucking her clipboard under her arm as she turned away from looking at Raphael's brothers. "When will Blue get back? I heard it went alright, from what Casey said on the groupchat. I thought it was supposed to end at one?"

Raphael poked his face closer to the glass, trying hard to mimic an animal rather than act normal, but he needed to listen in. They were talking about Leo... 'At least she said it went fine.' He mused, adjusting his footing against the wooden platform, hands down on the floor as well to provide him a more animalistic stance. "It was." The man, John, agreed, also tucking his clipboard under his arm, getting out his phone and unlocking it, scrolling down a little and then showing her the screen. "Traffic got them bad - the little one probably isn't doing great stuck in that cage, too - which reminds me; we need to order larger transport cages, he couldn't even stretch in that one." He began typing something out after, nodding to himself quietly.

'You put him in a cage?' Raph knew he shouldn't be surprised, but one that he could barely move in? Are these humans serious? 'Bastards.'

"But when exactly does he get back?"

John checked his watch, and then looked at his phone. "Hmmm; ten minutes, I reckon." He put his phone back, taking the clipboard and pen and scribbling a few notations down, before handing it to one of the other scientists, who took it without question. "Jane?" He called out, and a head popped up among the others. She was blushing furiously, and Raphael couldn't contain his groan. "Why don't you and I go check on Blue's arrival? Max - you can come too."