...

Some random made up OCs in this, but they aren't staying - I don't like using OCs, remember? Its just kinda needed to continue the plot and fill you in on everything happening... You'll understand.

~

April sighed, watching through a slightly shaded piece of glass as the bulkiest turtle-creature stalked around, looking agitated. Casey was slumped in a watchman's chair to the side of her, scrolling down his phone, and she looked at him. "Any news on when they can be put back together? None of them are liking this."

The man snorted, "Dunno, Ape. My guess is when their new enclosure is ready. I can't wait for them too see it. Besides, aren't the older ones having tests run on them or something?"

The woman nodded, looking at Edge, who'd noticed her and was growling, eyeing her warily, "Yes, but I would've expected them to be done by now." Placing a hand upon the cool glass, she closed her eyes. "Blue isn't faring well. I don't blame him actually."

Tilting a brow, he looked up from his phone, "How would you know, Ape?" 

Turning her back to the small caged room, she sat down next to her friend. "He's restless - won't sleep. To be honest, too, I think he's getting sick: he won't eat anything now. Earlier this week I literally hand fed him." Breathing out gently, she continued, "But now? Now he just stares at me, expecting something different." Another glance at Edge, "I know what he wants."

"His family? Like you said, its a want, not a need - I'm sure they've been separated before."

April looked him deeply in his brown eyes, frowning, "I can sense this is something they need then."

Casey leaned back, utterly shocked at her mini outburst. He nodded, eyeing the door and clock off to his right. "Best go and tell Charlie then - see what he'll do about it."

~

Leo leaned against the cold metal walls of his inclosure, trying to control his breathing before it reached out of hand. His eyes were drooping shut, and his body felt as if it were on fire. Cracking open a eye, he caught sight of some people watching him through the glass, but he couldn't make out their faces. His right arm gripped the floorboards of the platform he stood on, and he forced himself to look more alert. 

A familiar, yet uncalled for bang rang out in the large room, making the turtle wince - everything sounded so sharp under his intense hearing. The door to his right somewhere swung open, and he stared at the people who emerged - not anyone he recognised. 

It was two young boys, dressed in similar clothes, and wearing matching American caps. They giggled, one chucking the keys to the other, who wearily shut the door of the caged room. "You sure this is a good idea, Cody?" The shorter asked, looking up at the huge turtle crouched on all fours. 

'Cody' puffed out his chest, grabbing the smaller's hand, tugging him forward. "I've watched them for ages now!" He announced proudly, "Remember, my Dad owns this place!" Pointing at Leo, he smiled, "This is Blue - he's the youngest and the nicest. He won't hurt you."

Throwing a hand into his hoodie pocket, Cody brought out something that smelt so strange and strong he could practically taste it from up on his perch. "Look, Sam." He said, nodding at Leonardo's now real confused face, "He knows somethings up."

Sam nodded, beginning to relax slightly. "Can I pet him?"

The taller shrugged, "I don't know - Dad says he's never bitten anyone, so I guess so." he hummed, looking at room in more detail. "I don't think he's gonna come to us, so we gotta come to him." Pointing to a large branch nearby to Leo, he smirked, "We like climbing, hey? Lets do this!"