Chapter eight

This chapter was made on December 19th, 2017. It has been rewritten since November 19th, 2020. I am now a more capable writer who wishes to rewrite their previous work. Some details might change, old fans will notice, so some comments may not make sense.

You may notice the writing style change next chapter - I may have not gotten to that chapter yet, and am working on it currently. Sorry about that!

Notes - Sorry, I'd been really busy, so I hadn't had time to rewrite a chapter - I only managed to get one out on Nov 18 and I feel bad about it, lol. So to make up for it, have over 2000 words!

...

Leonardo ended up falling asleep quite early compared to his brothers. It was to be expected, and was slightly enjoyed in the moment of it by the turtle himself, until he ended up staring at the ceiling with tired, dry eyes, having woken up far earlier than anyone else. Donatello had been stuck to his side, as was Mikey, and he had to peel them both off with his still-numb arms, hopping up silently, watching in fond amusement as they quickly filled the gap by pulling the other to them. Michelangelo was drooling slightly, but besides that, Leo didn't think Don minded the unusual closeness.

Speaking of the brainiac, Donnie opened a bleary eye, looking him up and down, shaking his head a little when his eyes drooped every few seconds; "W'erz y'u goin', Leo?"

"Just going to stretch my legs." He assured, reaching a hand out to squeeze his older brother's shoulder. His mind blanked; 'older brother...' "I'll... be back in a sec, Don."

His brown eyes slowly slipped shut, and his breathing began to even out. "Pr'mis'?"

"Promise."

Donatello leaned back slightly and finally began to doze back off, and Leo let go of his shoulder, standing up and stretching his worn-out legs. The bruises from his lost-battle remained ever present, even if he couldn't really see them in the dark. They were sore, and despite the attack being random and uncoordinated, Shredder really hit hard in the most painful places. His shoulders ached, alongside the points in which skin met shell. Rolling his numb arms back and forth to rid the cramps no doubt starting to form while simultaneously trying to ease the deadened feeling along the limbs, Leo began to walk around. Since he had been practically paralyzed yesterday, he hadn't had a chance to fully explore the area given to them by the humans.

The first thing he did was grab some of the food left out for them - none of them had had any mind to try some of it; they hadn't been that hungry, but for someone who felt like Sleeping beauty's nephew, a little bit of food never hurt anyone. It tasted funny - an unfamiliar flavour laying on the tip of his tongue; sour and salty. He poked his tongue out, quickly gulping down a few more pellets before exceeding his limit of the foul taste and beginning to move onwards.

Although he was keen to explore every inch of the enclosure, he was drawn to a small light just outside of the enclosure, past the glass windows keeping them hostage. He couldn't see it from where he was stanced on the ground, and so he got to work. Eyeing up a perch near to the glass, he used a mixture of his chin and legs to propel and grab the wood, feeling his arms flop against him uselessly. It took him a moment to be able to pull himself up onto the platform, however he succeeded, and took in every inch more that he could see of the room. Raphael, which he hadn't noticed before somehow, seemed to have found a large hammock, built to withstand at least two of them, and was dozing peacefully in it, not too far from where Mikey and Donnie where. Smiling softly, he turned his attention back towards the glass.

It was only a fire-light. Nothing too amazing - however it did just faintly light up a clock nearby. Three in the morning. Leonardo wasn't surprised at all with himself; fall asleep early, rise even earlier. It was one of the few things he couldn't decide whether he hated or loved about himself. Looking back at the situation before him, he noted that under the clock stood a door, what looked to be the staff-only entrance. He shifted slightly to inch himself closer to the pane, pressing his face against it to get a better look. He swore the doorknob was shifting.