Ouch

Honestly the more I look at the latest versions of TMNT (ROTTMNT) It makes me wonder if they read this fanfic or something and were just like 'eh okay we can make it work' and threw that show at us, because Splinter gives Leo literally ALL the nicknames I give him here, and Leo isn't the oldest and just- 

So many coincidences - I can't be the only one here? Where's my share of the profit, guys? lmao

Quick note - after rereading my old chapters, I actually hate the way I portray Leo as a turtle who instantly 'falls into role' once he finds out he's the youngest - I might go back and add a chapter or rewrite a few in order to make it a gradual decent into his carefree mindset and who knows - I might look at making the end of this book almost like the beginning of ROTTMNT (not exactly in a way, but the idea of them exploring the world again sounds nice, does it not?) But you'll have to find out! Maybe I won't be so nice...

Also also - I wonder if any of y'all have noticed the improvement in my writing? I change my style almost every time I write, but in this book, you can see how far I've come. I'm impressed with myself, for once.

.

Leonardo awoke to pain - a splitting headache that felt the rest of this body numb and cold, all the pain focused in on his skull, threatening to split him in two. He attempted to reach a hand up to claw at his face, but something held him down. Groaning, he shifted, and found out quickly that he was being supported up by Raphael, who had a panicked, worried hand enclosed around his fist, the one that he'd been planning to yank at his face with. 

"Leo?" His voice was soft, gruff, but soft. Unusually so, in fact. "Leo don't touch your face, alright?" Raph's other hand lay on top of his forehead, and was swiftly brought away with a hiss. "Shit you're burning up. Can you hear me? Leo?"

"I hear you, I hear you." He garbled, whimpering when he cracked open an eye, only to be met with blinding lights. Curse headaches - curse migraines; curse any head-related injury. Leo hated this, and for once in his life, he felt truly vulnerable. Even with Raphael here to protect him, he was completely open to a planned human attack; and after being taken away from his brothers multiple times before, he wasn't planning on leaving today. Not again. 

"-not even listening - Leo?" 

His shaking body was maneuvered so that he lay on the soft bedding, Raphael worming his way next to him, placing a firm hand onto Leo's chest. "Listen, okay? I need you to listen." 

"'Kay." He ground out, lifting a trembling hand of his own to lay comfortingly on top of his elder brother's hand. "'M tryin'."

"I know you are, I know." Raphael sounded hurt and worried, and Leonardo felt a rising pit of guilt coil in his stomach. "Okay - I need to find a way to tell them to check up on you. I-I don't want you to leave either." His hand turned to tighten against his clammy one rather then to push on his plasteron. "But we've got to, okay? I don't want you to die." 

"'M not gonna die, Raphie..." 

What sounded like a strangled, half-choked laugh came from the elder brother, and he swished a three-fingers hand over his forehead. "Says the guy who gets himself into the worst situations constantly." He flicked a finger onto his skin in warning, however Leonardo barely felt it. Raphael's eyes narrowed once more, filled to the brim with anxiety. It was the worst Leo had ever seen his brother. Truth be told, all he'd done was worry his siblings since they'd arrived, and even without meaning to here they were again, worrying over him. Heck, even with Donnie and Mikey not with them, Raph was still concerned over him. "Hey Leo?"