Chapter Three (part 2)--Get a bucket.

It's SUNDAY and I'm even early in the day with this chapter update. Woo, on a roll baby! Enjoy the latest addition to the book. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Jessica dusted her hands and paraded over claiming a spot next to Jaxon at the table

Jessica dusted her hands and paraded over claiming a spot next to Jaxon at the table. Her peppy step, bouncing curls, and cheery disposition made me think she was working a little too hard to get back in Jaxon's favor.

Elena stared at the golden flames wrapping my thigh, her thick, dark lashes unblinking. "A spiral ring, now that's something you don't see every day."

I fidgeted with my dress and focused on a discolored spot on a floorboard in front of me. "I suppose not."

The heavy, entrance door creaked shut behind us. Vega took only two steps inside, then looked directly at me. "It's about time that secret's out. I'm tired of tiptoeing around pretending not to know."

She'd only been here ten seconds, and I knew she'd already read half the people's minds in the room and had summed up our conversation.

I wiped my hand down my face when I realized how she knew about the ring. "Sage?"

Vega nodded and placed a stack of books on a nearby table.

"That's it. I want a helmet." Sage let go of the mop handle, and the head flipped out of the bucket landing on the floor. "Traveler's and your freaky talents—hackers all of you."

"Hey... that's not my skill." Rygar picked up the mop. "I can't read your mind." He nudged her to take the handle from him. "But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to."

Sage blushed and took hold of the mop, her hand resting next to his. Rygar didn't let go, but instead stuffed the wet mop back into the metal bucket making it clang against the floor before releasing his grip.

"I'm sure Robin would love to know that," Jaxon said in a sarcastic tone.

Sage looked up at Jax and leaned forward on the mop. "Where is Robin anyway?"

Jax shrugged as if he knew, but wasn't willing to share. "On an errand."

Sage glanced at me, and I shook my head. Jaxon hadn't confided in me where Robin was.

"Jaxon if you don't intervene," Elena interrupted, "two lives will be lost—one of them Wren's." She walked over and stood beside me, but kept her sight on Jaxon.

"Wren's well being is the only reason I'm still entertaining this conversation." Jaxon extended his hand to me. "Come here, sweetness."

Sweetness? Ughhh, please, Kellan groaned.

I don't think you're in a position to complain right now. I placed a shaky hand on Jaxon's.

"What Elena's asking isn't exactly easy. His circle will want to question both of us in front of their court." Jax gave me a half smile. "And the stuff they'll want to know won't be easy to hear for either of us."