Chapter Fourteen (part 2)--Muddled thoughts

Hi All! Yes, I'm still writing. After all the personal heartache in January, it was hard to come back to write this love story. But here I am, working through it and I've even finished a story submission for publication in the meantime. So, here we are, the last quarter of the book, I'm pushing to get out as much as I can to finish it up so I can edit the series. I've missed writing these characters. 

So, let's begin with a ♥ hot  little scene for you!

(Sorry, no pictures. Wattpad is glitching and won't let me load them.)

****************************

       Kellan exhaled, and his lips turned up into a soft smile, making his eyes sparkle.

Soulmates. The word echoed in my thoughts. A stiff breeze kicked up, making the trees sway and me shiver. "But I thought—"

"What? That you and Jaxon are bound?" Kellan let out a deep chuckle, and he shook his head like Gran did whenever she thought one of my questions on magic was ridiculous.

My cheeks heated, and I folded my arms across my chest. "Don't give me that you're-so-gullible look." I balled the fabric of my pant leg up in my hand and yanked up my pant leg, exposing Jaxon's spiral ring. "What's this then?"

"Evidence you kissed him," he said in a flat tone. His eyes turned stormy grey, draining of the aqua blue they held a moment ago. "I was trying to forget."

"That's so not fair, and you know it." I clenched my fists with the heat growing inside of me. "This ring wouldn't even be on my ankle if you'd hadn't crushed my heart."

A fleeting memory of Kellan adorned in the Water Circle's traditional sapphire-blue vest with Jessica's arm draped over his, flashed through my thoughts. My stomach twisted just thinking about it.

A small rabbit-like creature with short round ears scampered out into the open a few feet away. The moment its pink nose popped through the tall grass, Amaress's gaze locked on to it, tracking its movement.

Kellan raised a brow and buried his hand deep in his front pocket. "So, you admit it."

I wiped a hand down my face, trying to follow along to the "guy-logic" if there were such a thing. "Admit what exactly?"

"That your heart is mine." He stepped forward, brushed a lock of hair over my shoulder, and caressed the nape of my neck in tiny circles with his fingers.

The air thickened and my heart thumped faster. What's he doing to me?

His index finger swept the ring's waters, and my thoughts clouded.

Before I could step away, the link between us wrapped around me like a rope tying us together, making it impossible to resist him. My skin tingled from his touch, and my body begged for more of him. I swallowed, let out a soft sigh, and with my eyes closed, I leaned into his palm cupping my cheek.

"Kellan, I..." My mouth went dry, and I dragged in a long ragged breath, letting it out slowly.

His lips feathered my ear, and the heat of his breath lingered on my skin, making my core tremble. "I know you feel it." He lowered his hand to the small of my back, tugging me tight against his muscular body. "Laying next to you last night nearly killed me." His lips hovered my neck, melting my thoughts and sending shivers through me. "With you tangled up in my arms and your lips only inches from mine, I must have thought of kissing you a thousand times." His taught muscular chest wasn't the only hard thing pressing against me.

It was clear a kiss wasn't all he wanted, and right now I didn't care. I wanted him—to feel his lips on mine, the heat of his body pressed against me. The bond between us wound tighter, making me light headed. A deep ache seeped from the knotted ring, radiating through me, aching to be united with him. Before I knew it, I'd shimmied my hand beneath his shirt, ran my hand over his abs, until my fingers connected with the sweep inked on his skin.

My breath hitched, and my eyes shot open. A surge of energy flowed between us making me gasp. Our combined raw power thrummed through me, through us.

Kellan crushed his lips to mine, and his tongue thrust between my lips, sending my mind into a state of ecstasy. He groaned, pulling away between kisses, panting. "Say it. Tell me you love me."

He kissed me again, then cupped my cheeks and pressed his forehead to mine. "Tell me you'll always love me." His voice cracked as if his very existence hinged on my words.

My swollen lips yearned for his. Deep within our connection, I could feel his pain mixed with his desire for me.

"It's just that you do something to give me hope, then those luscious lips of yours say something that breaks my heart." He ran a hand through his hair. A gust of wind picked up, making the leaves rattle and his sea breeze scent washed over me.

I looked directly at him without wavering a muscle. "Kellan Fountaine, I've never stopped loving you."

He let out the breath. "Thank the Circle that hasn't changed."

"Heck, after sitting in that truth chair, I could hardly deny it." The energy from his sweep pulsed under my fingers. "I'll love you, no matter what happens."

"Then, don't push me away." His eyes turned the palest blue, and he licked his lips. "Please..." He placed his hand on my stomach and gently slid his wet palm under my t-shirt, between my breasts until his hand rested at the edge of the knotted ring.

My core quivered and any sense of rational thought turned to mush. The ring's waves soaked my clothes, and with each lap of water circling my chest, their flow crept closer to his fingers.

"I love you." Kellan glided his hand into the knotted ring's path, and everything went blinding bright. 

*******

♥ Votes, hugs, and words of support always appreciated.