Suho

Pulling you along towards different dress stores at the mall, Suho would take any dress he could find your size in. Throwing you into the fitting room with a hoard of dresses that ranged from casual to fancy and extremely short to not so short. It was flattering that he was giving you so much attention, but at the same time, it was a little overbearing. He was so generous and kind, but you really just loved spending time with him. 

There wasn’t another person on Earth that you enjoyed spending time with more than him. And he felt the same exact way even though you hadn’t realized it yet. 

Ever since high school, you two had been practically inseparable. There was so much skinship between the two of you and suspicion from friends that you two were secretly together, but they meant ultimately nothing. You were just friends right now. But his warm hugs and the thousands of pictures of the two of you that you had kept safe in a special box beneath your bed meant so much more than the words best friends ever could. But, of course, Suho didn’t know that as he tried to win your heart with gifts and luxuries.

“That’s the one. It’s perfect on you.”

“Um. Thanks Suho, but I don’t even know the last time, I’ve needed a dress. Let’s just go hang out at the park or something.”

“You never know when you’ll need a dress.”

“I still have some old ones from high school though..”

“Nope. This is for a special occasions only, so you need it.”

“Errm. Sure… If you want to buy it, I guess.”

You silently trudge back in the fitting room. It wasn’t that you hated the dress. In fact, it was an adorable, blue, floral print dress that flowed at the bottom and had three rows of ruffles at the bosom. The brown, weaved belt that came attached to the dress suited it perfectly. You just wanted more out of Suho than some meaningless dress.

“Hurry up, I saw some shoes earlier that match this dress perfectly. We gotta go, ____.”

“Yea sure.”

You gulp down your sense of discomfort -or maybe that was just spit- and finish sliding on your skinny jeans and hi-top sneakers. You look at yourself in the body length mirror one last time and try to put a natural smile on your face, but each attempt is as poor as the last and even more forced.

Finally exiting the stall, you walk towards Suho, the dress resting in your folded arms. 

“C’mon. I’m paying today.”

“Mmhmm.”

Suho grabs your hand, fingers slipping perfectly between your own, rushing you to get into line. You can’t help but notice the little bounce in his step like shopping is the best thing in the world right now, but it gets your mind off your friend-zone problem despite it being right in front of you.

Suho turns around, giving you a cheesy smile. 

“What are you smiling at?”

“I should be asking you that question.”

You tease him back while poking his forehead. Laughing, Suho bumps his hip against yours, making you stumble a bit. 

After swiping his card and having your new dress bagged, the two of you run out of the dress store. Bobbing and weaving through the crowd of exhausted parents, hyperactive children and bratty teenagers *ackcoughwheezesehuncoughachoo*, Suho pulls you into a shoe store and pushes you onto the cushioned seats as he disappears behind the racks of shoes. Kicking your feet back and forth, you eventually lie down, rolling onto your stomach.

*He’s taking foreverrrr*

You yawn, cheek resting on the cushioned chair which someone’s butt had probably rested on earlier, but you didn’t really care at the moment. Shopping is exhausting and you could barely keep up with Suho except for the vibes of energy he gave off. You stretch your arms and wrap them around your head. You didn’t bring any money so it wasn’t like anyone was going to mug you so you might as well get a nap out of this.

One more deep breath and you were out for the count. Wrapped in the warm, flowing comfort that only sleep could bring, you floated amongst the clouds of dreamland. Spreading your arms and twirling through the air, you felt a tickling sensation in your right foot. You waved it around in a circle, hoping that it would go away. Eventually it did, until you felt the same sensation on your legs, then your sides, then your neck. 

Finally, you twist around on the cushiony chairs before rolling off onto the ground. Sitting up, you groan, rubbing your head. You blink and rub your eyes several time before they come into focus. 

“W-what happened?”

You yawn and look up. Suho is sitting down, a gigantic smile placed on his face, eyes squinted closed and hands clutching his stomach as he gasps for air. His laughs are loud and tears spring from his eyes.

“Y-you were t-t-talking in your sleep.”

More laughs escape his throat. You squint your eyes at him until you realize he was the one tickling you in your nap.

“Suuuhooooo”

“I couldn’t help myself!”

With a cheeky grin, Suho pulls you off the ground into his arms. It lasts only a second before he pushes you onto the seat again. He kneels down and you notice the shoe box resting on the ground to his left. He unlaces your converse and slips it off along with your sock.

“H-hey! What are you doing?”

“Don’t tell me you like socks and sandals together.”

“No, but-“

“Then it’s cool. We gotta make sure these fit, right?”

“Uh I guess…”

Suho slips the sandal onto your foot. 

“Perfect.”

“Mhmm.”

“Let me buy this and then we can look for a matching bag!”

“WAIT- Suho, no.”

“Huh?”

“I’m leaving.”

“What? Whyyyy-“

“I kinda-“

“_____?”

“Kinda only want you.”

You take a deep breath and exhale before turning away. You take one step when you feel arms wrapped around you.

“I kinda want you too!”

Suho tightens his grip around you, digging his face into your neck and hair. Letting go of you, he slips his fingers into yours, giving you a radiant smile. You shyly grin back and squeeze his hand.

“Let’s go to the park, _____.”

“Yea. I’d like that."

You begin walking towards the exit as Suho swings your arms back and forth.

“Wait! I forgot something.”

“No, I don’t need the-“

Suho gently presses his lips to yours. It was a sweet kiss. Not the type of kiss that tastes like candy or ice cream or any sugary delicacies, it was the type of kiss that reassures any girl that you come before anything else in his life. And it felt amazing.