KAI

After your exhausting and hectic schedule, the week was finally over, making today your favorite day of the week, Saturday. That also meant today was going to be a day full of rest, relaxation, and just lazing around with your best friend, Kai. And as expected, the two of you were currently doing so, with both of your bodies sprawled out on your couch while contemplating on what to do this bright Saturday morning. 

"Kai?" You call out from one end of the couch. Kai hums in response, but doesn't look your way as he is too busy investigating the thread sticking out from the hem of his shirt.

"I'm boredddd. What should we do?" you complain. Kai quickly glances your way before he shrugs and goes back to playing with the string stuck on his shirt. 

Sighing dramatically, you collapse on the couch with your head resting near Kai's lap. Kai chuckles as he finally cuts away the annoying thread and tosses it aside. He then scoots towards you and starts to play with your hair. This causes you to pout when you look up at him, but Kai just grins back down at you and continues to run his fingers through your messy locks. 

Kai sighs as he continues to watch you furrow your brow deep in thought, trying to come up with something to take the boredom away. His then pokes the space in between your eyebrows to smooth out the wrinkles you were creating there. You pout again and Kai tries to smile, but he really can help but stare down at your pretty pink lips. He really wanted to kiss you right then and there, but he couldn’t. He’s just your best friend….. 

In all honesty, Kai really liked you. He was just always too scared to say anything. You two were just friends. No more, no less. Although Kai desperately wanted to change that, he thought if he said anything to you about his feelings it would destroy the friendship between the two of you. Losing you was a hundred times worst then not being able to be with you, so for the longest time Kai decided to keep his feelings boxed deep within him. But Kai no longer wanted to be just your best friend; he wanted to be something more. It was too hard to keep his feelings hidden and as of today, he couldn’t hold them in any longer and decided to take a chance. 

Today was the day he was going to do something, to create a change in relationship between the two of you. And he was determined that today would be the day that he could finally call you his. There was just one problem though; he wasn’t sure how to do it. If he was too serious, he’ll end up scaring you away. If he wasn’t serious enough, you won’t take his confession to heart either. 

Aishhh what was a guy to do.

Suddenly, your body shifts from under him and your eyes light up. Jumping away from the couch you clap your hands together as an idea hits you. 

“I got it!” you then run away before Kai can even get the chance to ask what you are up to.

When you leave Kai sighs once again and ruffles his hair in frustration.

“What am I going to do with you?” he says out loud before he slumps in his spot on the couch.

After a few minutes, you are running back towards him, hands full of random art supplies, from crayons, to glitter, to colored paper, and more.

“What’s all this for _____-ah?” Kai laughs slightly as he helps you carry the supplies and place them on your coffee table. 

“I wanted to do arts and crafts!” you grin at him as you grab a piece of plain paper and begin doodling on it with a crayon. Kai then sits and leans over to watch you, but you push him away. 

“Hey I wanted to see what you were drawing!” Kai whined. 

“It’s a surprise.” You retort as you playfully stick your tongue out at him.