Chapter 9

Rigg holds me close to him on the couch that we mated on last night as Alaska drags toys out of the toy chest in the corner of the room. Rigg plays with the red sleeve of my zip-up hoodie as we sit in silence, the only noise coming from Alaska who uses different voices to play different people with his toys. It's really cute and calming actually; the both of them.

"This used to be my favorite," Rigg mutters.

I nod my head. "I know,"

He glances at me. "Did Trigg tell you that?"

I scoff. "If anyone told me it would have been Alpha Abram, I think he felt guilty about what Trigg did, so he was really nice to me,"

His eyebrows furrow. "Then how did you know?"

I sigh. "That requires telling you about what happened when I was thirteen,"

"What happened when you were thirteen?" He asks curiously.

"You remember how Beta Jonah got poisoned?"

He nods his head before his eyes widen. "Oh, yeah, you said you went through the same thing," Then he grimaces. "You went through the same thing?"

I bite my bottom lip as I nod my head. "Only I was in each stage longer,"

"Why?"

I shrug my shoulders as he grabs one of my hands. His thumb rubs circles on the top of my hand in a calming manner.

"I think it had to do with how young I was," I say quietly. "My pack was one of the first to get attacked by those crazy women. I was the only one to survive the poison out of the five of us,"

Rigg tightens his grip on my hand as he watches me talk.

"I was a Warrior in training, barely had any training experience, so when I got hurt during training it was pretty bad. I was sent to the infirmary where a new doctor was supposed to treat me. I couldn't stay awake because of the pain, I was in and out of consciousness for two days before I was able to figure out what the woman was.

"I think if I had been older and able to shift I would have been able to stay awake longer, but I was only thirteen at the time. I was watching the doctor clean the wound I had on my leg, and I had this really bad feeling in my gut. At first, I thought I was just going to be sick, but then after a while, I realized that is was my instincts kicking in telling me that I was in danger.

"I didn't understand it at the time, not until I saw others who had been attacked. Others, their wolves told them they were in danger, but I hadn't met my wolf yet, so it was my pure instincts, or perhaps my wolf was able to push through just for a little bit to warn me. I don't really know. I just know that I knew I was in danger.

"I couldn't move and it terrified me even more. I had mind linked my daddy and papa terrified and told them I was going to die if they didn't help me. I remember how scared they were and came rushing into the infirmary screaming my name. I started to fall in and out of consciousness by the time they got there, so when I got the chance I screamed and told them to get the woman away from me.

"Of course, they were confused until I gathered all my strength and spit on the woman. I couldn't move at all; the poison had spread so all I could do was spit on her. I screamed and said she was dangerous. My papa dragged her away from me just as I was passing out again, and I didn't wake up after that,"

"But you did wake up," Rigg says quietly.

I nod my head. "Yeah, I woke up a few times, but I was always confused and distorted. I remember it though. The pain the poison put me through. It was a gripping pain and I felt like it would have been better if it just killed me off,"