Chapter 25

**This chapter is NOT edited**

**PLEASE read the Author's Blurb at the end.**

"We're getting married," Rigg says to Lyra and Alaska as we step into the living room. "Right now,"

Lyra blinks up from her laptop and stares at us with wide eyes. "Excuse me?"

Lyra's belly is already huge with my twin pups. She is thirty weeks and having a difficult time standing for more than fifteen minutes. The doctor said it was normal due to the extreme fatigue and weight gain. Lyra also probably won't make it passed thirty-seven weeks, according to her doctor. Which is also normal for twins who on average come around the thirty-six-week mark.

The closer Lyra gets to delivery the more I freak out. Rigg keeps reminding me that he will be there with me and that I'm not doing this on my own. He also keeps reminding me that Lyra will also be there, at least for the first year. We talked about it and Lyra will breastfeed the twins for at least the first year unless one or both of them wean themselves off first.

"Getting married," Rigg repeats for a confused and shocked Lyra. Alaska barely looked up from his Toy Story toys.

"What?" She asks with wide eyes.

"We discussed it," I mutter before chewing on my bottom lip for a few seconds. "We think it would be better to get married now before the twins are born, that way we don't have to change their last name when we do get married. This way, they can take Rigg's last name right away,"

Lyra blinks like an owl a few times. "Oh. So you're taking Carver then?"

I nod my head. "It just makes sense,"

"But why? What's wrong with Paris?"

"Nothing," I reply. "It's just easier to take Carver that way Alaska can share the same name. If we do it this way, I can become Oliver Carver, and then when the twins are born, they can take Carver as well,"

"The twins will have to take Paris or Giltch when they are born," Rigg says to help. "It would be such a hassle to legally change their last names and for me to adopt them when we could just get married now and avoid that mess,"

Lyra slowly nods her head. "So, more little Carver's running around," She rolls her eyes. "I'm sure your brother will enjoy you keeping the family name," She says with a pointed look at Rigg.

I frown deeply. I still don't like Trigg. I'm pretty sure I won't be liking Trigg anytime soon. Rigg is also fine with me hating on his brother, he says it's okay because he could never truly hate his brother, so someone has to. He said it in a joking manner though but I'm pretty sure he was being honest. I'm not sure what Trigg would have to do in order for me not to hate him like I do. I will always be angry for the bullshit he spouted off at Rigg right before Rigg disappeared.

"I'm sure he will," Rigg agrees as he rubs my lower back. He knows I don't like his brother, not even when he is being mentioned.

"So," Lyra mutters. "Where is this wedding taking place?"

"Who said anything about a wedding?" Rigg snorts jokingly. "No, we're just going to the courthouse in Rumford for now,"

"Maybe someday we'll have a wedding when we are closer to more family. For now, though, we just want to get the papers saying that we are married,"

"Well that's boring," Lyra snorts. "You guys are boring fucks," Then she snaps her head around to look at Alaska who seems to be ignoring her. "I mean, boring men,"