Chapter 12

"Do you have a five?" I ask as I glance up over my cards at the four-year-old little boy sitting across from me. We currently sit on opposite sides of the glass coffee table playing Go Fish, or as Alaska calls it 'Gold Fish'.

My ass has successfully fallen asleep on the hardwood flooring that is only padded by a red and brown rug. Alaska sits on two pillows as to see over the coffee table, only he gets up every twenty seconds to bounce on the heels of his feet. I, on the other hand, have Rigg's blanket wrapped around my shoulders. I stole the blanket off his bed because I'm having withdrawals from not having him with me while he works. So, I wear the clothes from his closet and wrap myself in his scent.

I've been with Rigg, Alaska, and Lyra for two weeks now, and every day Rigg leaves for work I have a mini panic attack. I keep thinking Rigg won't come back. It's fine and dandy right now, but when he isn't with me for long I start to panic. Even my wolf is having this anxiety that Rigg might disappear again.

I try to keep the anxiety from Rigg, but when it gets really bad he ends up calling me, which takes a lot of the stress away. Rigg has a strong connection to my emotions so he is able to pick up on if I need him or not, which makes me feel all giddy inside knowing that Rigg can feel me enough to know when to call.

Some days have been better than others, but today I am missing him more, which is why I am wrapped in his clothes and blanket. The blanket has my scent mixed in with it now but Rigg's is the stronger scent still, I'm also looking for his scent on the blanket so that helps. Every time I look at Alaska I think of Rigg. Alaska looks so much like Rigg that it makes my heart squeeze knowing that Rigg is close to me through his child.

Today marks my tenth day watching Alaska, which helps Rigg out since he doesn't have to pay the child care. I don't mind watching Alaska, it keeps me busy during the day while Rigg is away, and I also wanted to get to know Alaska. If I'm to play a parent roll in Alaska's life, I want to know him. Sure, Alaska is only four, but he has his own personality already.

Like the fact that he doesn't like syrup and loves jam. He isn't a fan of butter but prefers to use cream cheese instead. He likes butterflies and puppies. His favorite movies are Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians. He wants to get a puppy but his daddy keeps rejecting the idea. He likes to read and always has Rigg read him a story before bed. His favorite colors are green and blue and when I asked him what made those colors special he said his 'twins' have blue and green eyes. He likes to watch Disney movies and even enjoys the princess ones. His favorite princess is Rapunzel because he likes how 'pretty' her long golden hair is.

Alaska definitely has his own personality and the more he talks about his 'twins' the more Rigg and I believe they really are his mates. My Alpha still hasn't called me but I'm not in a hurry. I know it's a lot of work being Alpha and he has a ton of Alpha duties on his plate already, so my question isn't a top priority of his.

"Gold fish," Alaska giggles to my previous question of if he had a five card or not.

I huff and draw a card, getting a two instead. Alaska giggles as he jumps to his feet to bounce on the heels. I pout as I look at my giant stack of cards that barely fit in two hands. I have exactly five matches while Alaska has ten. I'm not even going easy on him, Alaska is just really good at playing this card game.

"Do you have a Joker?" He giggles.

I pout even more as I flip the Joker card out of my deck and flick it at him. He squeals as the card falls to the floor so he has to squat down to pick it up, then he places the matching cards on the table. Alaska is odd and likes to play with the Joker cards, which is fine by me since they do have a match.