Chapter 15

*I meant to post this earlier, I had it all ready to go and edited, sorry!*

My heart races faster the closer we get to the white building. The building is white with plenty of windows. The landscaping is beautiful with lots of trees, bushes, and green grass. The trees are turning different colors with the changing weather, but the grass manages to hold it's bright green coloring. The trees are pretty though, turning red, orange, and yellow colorings.

Rigg currently drives the car with Lyra in the front blabbing about how excited she is to be giving me a child. My first child. I, however, sit in the back with Alaska, watching the four-year-old sleep peacefully. Rigg keeps sneaking glances at me through the review mirror. At the beginning of our trip, I would stick my tongue out at him, now, the closer we get to the clinic, I internally freak out and can barely crack a smile at him.

My first child. Alaska will always be my first child, no matter what anyone tries to say. Alaska may have come from Rigg's sperm and have Rigg's DNA, but Alaska is still mine. My wolf and I both recognize Alaska as our cub, even if he is technically a different species than us.

But in a way, this will be my first, this child that Lyra is willing to be the mother of will come from me. My sperm will be used. My DNA. Me. But I still see this new child as my second. I haven't talked much about it with either Rigg or Lyra. Rigg is just excited to get a pup from me. Lyra is being weird about it all together. She doesn't want to be seen as the mother, which is fine, but she still wants to see the child. Just like Alaska, she wants to see him but doesn't want to be recognized as "mom," or "mommy". Honestly, I don't think Lyra feels motherly towards Alaska at all. She didn't even help Rigg name the child.

I think naming this child is what I'm most excited about. It's also nerve-wracking though. A name the kid will be stuck with for life. What if the kid doesn't like his/her name I give them? Gah! This is already so stressful, and the kid hasn't even been created yet.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Rigg suddenly asks through our mating link. "I can feel your stress, baby,"

I look up to find him looking at me through the review mirror as we sit at a red light. He has a frown on his ridiculously handsome face.

"I'm nervous is all," I reply honestly, there's no reason to lie when he would know it immediately. "What if I'm not a good parent? What if the kid hates me? What if something goes wrong? What if there is something in my genes that fucks everything up? I never knew my real parents, Rigg, what if they had something? What if my parents had one of those diseases that skip a generation and pass onto the next? Wha-,"

"Oliver," I blink in shock as he interrupts me out loud. It even shuts Lyra up, who I honestly forgot was even still talking. "Breathe," He says in a sort of demanding tone.

I blink and suck in a breath of air. I hadn't realized I stopped breathing. This is one of those good times that Rigg picked up on the turmoil inside my head and noticed I'd stopped breathing. Honestly, how did I survive before him?

"Damn, Oliver, don't kill yourself before the doctor gets ahold of your potential babies," Lyra snorts from the front.

I roll my eyes as Rigg frowns at her before quickly looking back at me. Then he lets out an annoyed growl as the car behind us honks because the light turned green.

Rigg looks back at the road as he starts to drive again. "Are you okay now?"

I take a deep breath as I look at Alaska in the car seat next to me. As long as I have Rigg with me I have nothing to worry about. Rigg managed to raise Alaska pretty much by himself all the way up to four. With Rigg by my side, everything will be fine.