Chapter 22

**This chapter has NOT been edited**

**Please read the Author's Blurb at the end!!**

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if Alaska was never born. Would I be living with Rigg still? Would I have a job right now to help pay for my share of things here? What would it be like to not have Alaska around?

Every time I try to imagine what life would be like without Alaska, I can't do it. I can't imagine not having him around. I can't imagine being in this house without Alaska's little giggles and all the toys. I can't imagine not listening to his different voice changes when he plays different characters with his toys. I can't imagine not playing with him with his toys or out back. I can't imagine it.

I am so thankful that Alaska was born. It would be pretty boring here if Alaska was never born. I wouldn't know what it feels like to be called papa and have someone look up to me the way the four-year-old does. I wouldn't know how good it feels to have a child run to you for help or comfort because they trust you. I wouldn't understand how my parents feel about having a kid. I understand now why they wanted a big family.

Alaska is a darling child, and I know he is better behaved than most kids his age. It makes me wonder, will my pups be as well behaved as Alaska? Is Alaska so well behaved because of how Rigg raised him, or is it just his personality? Will my pups be like me when I was a kid? My parents said I wasn't much of a misbehaved child, I had my bad days, but they were few in number. Papa said I was always taking bathroom breaks though and jokes that I had the bladder the size of a bean. Hopefully, my pups don't have my bladder then.

My phone suddenly starts to ring, causing me to jump at the unexpected. I pull my phone out from my pocket and look at the caller ID. The name 'Chase' flashes across the screen. My eyes widen as I stand up. Why would he be calling me?

"I'll be right back, Alaska," I say. We were in the middle of playing with his toy cars on the racetrack.

Alaska nods his head. "Okay," He says cheerfully before going back to his cars.

I press the green little phone on the left side of the screen and then put the phone to my ear. "Hey, Chase, what's up?" I move to the hallway, so I can still watch Alaska but not disturb his playing with my conversation.

"Oliver?" Chase says on the other line. "I don't know what to do,"

My eyebrows draw down in confusion. "About what?"

"I don't want to tell dad and papa, they might not understand, they'll say there's to big of an age gap or some shit like that. Oliver, help me, what do I do?" He says hysterically.

"Wait, Chase, slow down. What are you talking about?"

Chase takes a deep breath on the other line. "I found my mate, Oliver,"

My eyes widen as I nearly drop the phone. "What?" I practically screech, causing Alaska to tilt his head at me in wonder. I smile at him. "Sorry, Alaska," The child smiles at me before going back to his playing. "Chase, you found your mate?" I hiss into the phone.

"Yeah," He mumbles. "I found him at school last week,"

"Wait, hold up," I move down the hall some more. "Did you say him?"

There is a long pause before he takes a deep breath. "Yeah, him,"

"Your mate is a male?" I ask, giddy at the idea that my little brother will also have a male mate.

"Yes, Oliver, my mate is a male,"

"As in he's a he? A man? A guy? A dude with a penis?"

"Yes, Oliver," He says exasperatedly. "My mate is a dude with a penis," He grumbles. "Do you have a problem with that? I mean, your mate is a dude with a penis,"