Chapter 12* Lunch Date

You guys are so inactive. 😳

_______________________

Lexi's POV-

"So how are-" we both say in unison before laughing.

"Sorry you first." he smiles warmly at me, his cheeks pulling into dimples.

"Well I was- uh just wondering how your doing?" I say and awkwardly shift around in my seat.

"Oh fine really. Being at a new school and all sucks, but I mean i've made a lot of friends." He mumbles and adjusts his mirror so its facing the road.

"Yeah." I blankly comment.

My hair is flying around which cause me to frustratedly tie it back into a ponytail.

"And you?" he says glancing at me then back at the road.

I let out a long sigh and fix the bumps my hair before answering,

"Okay I guess."

I stare out the window and watch the fast passing houses and schools once in a while.

"Just okay?" he asks quietly, he yawns silently with a wide mouth.

"Yes, well, no." I respond quickly, my breath fogging up the window.

"Spill." he speaks sounding like a girl. I flick my head over to look over at him, he just snickers.

I roll my eyes, "Well long story short-"

"How can a long story also be short?" he cuts me off with a contagious smile.

I feel my cheeks heat up but I try my best to hide it, "I don't know its just a metaphor." I mumble.

I study his body, his back is straight and his hand is lazily steering the wheel as we continue on the long, flat road.

He laughs suddenly and relaxes his shoulders a little.

"Anyways, as you know me and J'Den went shopping on Friday till like eight thirtyish? Well, I was waiting for her to finish up so I sat in the food court and I saw-" I find myself talking with my hands, I immeadiately stop to place them on my lap.

"We're here!" he announced cutting me off once again, "Sorry! Welcome to Ed's Diner!" he smiles gesturing to the bright, neon sign lit up with the words 'Ed's Diner' and in smaller print it reads 'Worlds Best Burger Joint'.

I smile too and open my door, when my feet touch the ground I cringe at the sharp pains from wearing the heels from last night. I'm used to it though, I wear heels a lot.

Once we reach the double doors, Anthony speeds up to hold the door open for me. His sweet gesture makes me blush.

"Hello. Welcome to Ed's Diner! My name is Stacy, just two?" A waitress beams at us while grabbing 2 menus.

"Yes, a booth please." Anthony answers for us.

"Alright follow me!" she says while turning and swaying her hips as we walk to a booth with red and white lined, leather coating and a checkered table.

I take my seat on one side and scoot close to the window, the leather seat is cool against my bare legs. My eyes widen when I see the dress I'm wearing.

I can tell Anthony wants to sit next to me but he decides against it and slides into the other side.

I stare up at Stacy and I study her structure. Her thick lips are drawn on with bold and flashy red lipstick. Her eyelids brushed with a mixture of purples and her eyelashes coated with at least 50 layers of mascara.