Chapter 45 - The Collector

Master Fu's massage shop.

Marinette, Tikki, Kōhaku and I were standing in front of Master Fu's door while I was holding the book about the Miraculouses. As I knock on Master Fu's door. As I open the door, Marinette and I peak our heads in. Master Fu said to us; "Hello, Ladybug and Koi Fish!"

"I know you never wanted me to bring them here again but..." Tikki said as both kwamiis flew in like it was nothing. Kōhaku cut in and said; "You must see what she's discovered. Show him, (Y/n)."

As Marinette and I looked around the room, I tried to remember where I saw this place. I said; "I've been here, I've met you before."

"You're the healer that cured Tikki when she was sick!" Marinette said. Suddenly, I started to have flashbacks on that day, how we met Master Fu in the past. Then I realised something and said; "And you were the one who gave me this amber gem."

I searched in my bag for the gem and as I found it, I showed it to them. Marinette said; "Soo... I'm guessing you're not really a vet?"

"Or a doctor?" I said to him. Master Fu said; "Not really. Marinette that was your first day of school and that wasn't a chance for me either."

"Wait, what happened on her first day?" I said to him about Marinette.

*Flashback*

Dupain-Cheng Bakery

Marinette's P.O.V.

It was the first day of school and as I was dressed for school, my dad was singing France's National Anthem and twirled around, lifting a box of macaroons, he lowered them and as I get a good look at them, I said to him; "Dad, these are so awesome!"

"Glad you like them." Dad said as he closed the box of macaroons. As I was jogging on the spot and gave me the macaroons, I said to him; "Thank you dad, my class will love them! You're the best!"

"We're the best, thanks to your amazing designs." My dad said as he shows me the design I made for my family's bakery logo. I jump on my dad to hug him, causing me to let go of the box and dropping it, but dad catches it on his foot and tosses it back to me. I giggled as he gave me the box and my mom gave me my school bag. As I head outside the bakery, I kissed both of my parents on the cheek and said to them; "Thanks. See you tonight!"

Outside the bakery shop, in the streets of Paris

As I came out of the shop, I ran near the closest crossing road as I tried to cross the street, but a car stopped me as I said; "Uff..."

I sigh as that was a close one.

"Uuuhhaawh?" I said as suddenly, I see an elderly man using a cane to cross the street towards my direction as a car is coming. I ran towards him, grabbed him by his right arm, which he was using to hold his cane take him to the other side of the street, as well as tripping over the pavement, dropping the box in the progress. The elderly man said; "Thank you, miss. Oh! What a disaster."

As the lights turned red, people started to walk on the content of the box. I said picked up the box, with a few of them still in it, stand up and said to him; "Don't worry, I'm no stranger to disasters, besides, there are still a few left."

As I offer him to take one from the box, he grabs one, bites a piece and said; "Mmmh. Delicious!"

I smiled at his compliment and closed the box. Suddenly, I heard the school bell ring and as I bowed to him, I said; "Oh no, I'm gonna be late! Ah, have a nice day, sir!"

I run towards the school as I cross the road and towards the building.

Master Fu's P.O.V.