Chapter 1: the intro

My name is Kendall I am 16 and I live in sunny, golden California, well for now. My cousin and best friend, Cera, her parents and I are moving to London, England due to my uncle’s company. I lived with my aunt and uncle because my parents died in a car accident when I was about 9. From then on I considered   my parents as well, I even called them Mom and Dad.

 I was sad to leave my friends and school in December, half way through the school year, but my dad had to do what was best for us. We boarded the plane and said to myself ‘Goodbye sunny California and Hello rainy, cold England’. I fell asleep and by the time I opened my eyes we were in London.

            My dad called for a taxi service to take us to our new house. I was pretty impressed at the gorgeous house my mom and dad have picked out; a two story house and it had four bedrooms and three bathrooms. Of course Cera and I had to have a room next door to each other so we ran upstairs and picked out our bedrooms and settled in. My mom called me and Cera into their room so we could talk about what would happen.

“Ok girlies, tomorrow you guys are starting your new school.” My mom said.

“But we just got here. We don’t get a break from learning?” Cera whinned.

“I am sorry, but no. School is very important and I do not want you to skip anymore days of it. So later on today we are going to buy your uniforms and maybe go shopping for other clothes afterwards.” My mom smiled at the two of us.

“Yes!” Cera and I cheered, not because of the uniforms but we get to buy new clothes.

            We got ready to go to the mall and get our clothes. But there was another surprise for me and Cera as we walked down the stairs. My mom and dad were waiting by the door with the cheekiest smiles on their faces. Holding their hands behind their backs we walked up to them looking puzzled.

“Are we going to go to the mall now?” I ask.

“We aren’t,” My dad said pointing at mom and himself. “But you and Cera are.”

“How are we going to pay for the clothes and get there?” Cera asked.

“You won’t need us there to go shopping anymore.” Mom said handing us credit and debt cards.

“Oh my gosh! Really? Thank you, thank you, and thank you!” I said repeatedly hugging my parents. “Wait there is one more problem, how are we getting there?” I continued

“Oh right,” My dad said handing me car keys, “Hopefully this answers that question.”

I quickly ran outside to see my dream car waiting in the garage, a white Range Rover. I screamed and almost hugged the live out of my parents. Cera and I hurried and hopped into the car and headed to the mall. I had the cheekiest smile on my face while I drove my car, I was also nervous because the driving in London was opposite then what I am used to.

            When we got to the mall we decided to go pick up our uniforms first. Cera was the pickiest person ever when it came to picking out clothes. She spent almost two hours looking for just the right uniform, I couldn’t take it anymore, and I was getting hungry so I went to the food court to get something to munch on. I passed by this restaurant called Nando’s, I felt like trying something new and I have never heard of this restaurant, it was amazing. Once I was done eating I just sat there in the booth and suddenly my phone rang. It was Cera.

“Hey, where are you?” Cera asked. “I am done looking for my uniform.”

“I’m at a restaurant called Nando’s.  Would you like something to eat?” I replied

“No, I will meet up with you there so we can continue extending our wardrobe.”

“Ok. I’ll wait for you outside.”

We hung up and met up. We shopped for another few hours and then drove home. Once we got home, I felt tired and went to my room and fell asleep for the rest of the day.