Chapter 6: Christmas Day

It was now Christmas morning and Cera and I decided to go make breakfast for our parents. We were just about finished cooking when we heard the door bell ring, but no one was there only a big wrapped package. It was too heavy for me to carry in alone so I called Cera over to help me set it by the tree. Once it was under the tree we heard our parents coming down the stairs, so we rushed to do the finishing touches on our Christmas breakfast.

“Merry Christmas girls! Thank you for the delicious breakfast.” Dad said as he gave us a hug.

“Who is this big present from?” Mom asked from the living room.

I shrugged and said, “I don’t know. It was just left on the front porch.”

“Let’s open it and see what’s inside!” Cera said moving closer to the present. Suddenly it started moving slightly and she ran behind me to take cover. We both walked up to it together, putting our hands on the flap but before we could lift them someone popped out of the box.

“Surprise!” He said

“Geez, Kyle what are you doing here? I thought you were going to stay in California for Christmas.” I said shocked.

“Is that all I get? After hours of sitting on a plane and squeezing into a tiny box like that. Come here and give your ‘brother’ a hug.”

Kyle was my cousin but he was like an older brother to me. I ran up to him and bear hugged him. We caught up with each other while we opened presents. After opening all of the presents, I saw five lonely gifts under the tree.

“Mom I will be back later I forgot to do something.” I told my mom.

“Ok, but take your car. I don’t want you walking on Christmas day alone you don’t know what kind of people could be out there.” My mom said back to me throwing my keys at me.

“Hey you better not be doing anything tomorrow because we are having a ‘Kyle and Kendall’ day tomorrow.” He yelled at me before I left and I nodded back at him to tell him that I was free.

            I grabbed the presents from under the tree and went to my car headed for the first person’s name that’s on the present.

Niall’s POV

            It was Christmas morning and time for food. I ran to the kitchen to see my mum preparing the Christmas feast. I was going for the turkey when I heard a knock on the door so I walked to open it, I thinking it was the family coming early from Ireland.

“Merry Christmas Niall!” I said handing him a present, “I forgot to give it to your guys yesterday so I am personally dropping them off one by one.”

“Thanks Kendall but I am sorry, I didn’t buy anyone any gifts.” I said with a sad face.

“It’s ok. I wasn’t expecting anything since we just met and all. But I have to go drop off more presents. Have a good Christmas Niall and I hope you like the present I got you.” She replied giving me a hug goodbye.

“Aww Merry Christmas Kendall.”  I said retuning the hug.

            She walked to her car and I closed the door attempting to get some food from what my mum was preparing for our family get together.

Zayn’s POV

            My family and I were going to Liam’s house next door since our families are such good friends we spent every Christmas with each other. We were just about to open when Mrs. Payne heard the door bell ring and got up to answer it. I heard a familiar voice but I decided to ignore it because I knew she would be home with her family. All of a sudden Mrs. Payne called for Liam and me. We both got up from the couch and went to the front door.