Chapter 5: ChristmasEve disaster

The week passed and it was Christmas Eve but I couldn’t fully enjoy it so I went for a walk to get out of the house.

Cera’s POV:

            I couldn’t believe that it was now Christmas Eve; this year went by so fast. There was a party at Niall’s tonight and Peter asked me to go with him so I was getting ready. After two hours I heard a car honk from outside I looked out of my window to see Peter’s car. I walked downstairs and saw my parents watching Santa Claus, the one with Tim Allen.

“Merry Christmas mom and dad I am on my way to Niall’s party with Peter. Don’t wait up for me, I love you.” I said to my parents.

“Ok sweetie. Merry Christmas.” They said as I kissed them and walked out the door.

We got to the party and I went to the kitchen to get a drink. I saw Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn standing around the island but no sign of Kendall.

“Merry Christmas guys. Where is Kendall?” I asked them

“We haven’t seen her. We all thought she was coming with you and Peter.” Zayn replied.

“Oh my gosh.” I said in shock. I suddenly realized something that I should have remembered, I felt so stupid. I knew I had to go find her before something bad would happen.

“What is it Cera?” Harry said. “What’s going on?”

“I am sorry I have to go. I can’t believe I forgot, I am such a bad person.” I said so ashamed of myself. I headed towards the door but I stopped when I felt someone’s hand on my arm. I turned around to see who it was and it was Louis.

“Cera tell me what’s going on with Kendall. I want to help her, but I can’t if you won’t tell me what is going on.” Louis said looking straight into my eyes.

“Kendall would kill me if I told anyone, she doesn’t want anyone to feel sorry for her.” I said to him

“Just tell me.” He said desperate to help.

“Ok fine, I will tell you outside where no one can hear.” I said while pulling him outside. “The reason why I have to go look for Kendall is because seven years ago on this very day Kendall’s parents passed away.” I said as my eyes began to tear up.

“How did they die?” He said giving me a hug.

I sighed and continued, “There was a drunk driver coming home from a party and her parents were coming home from one of their coworker’s party and they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

“Why wouldn’t she tell me?” He asked with a sad look on his face.

“She doesn’t like it when people feel bad for, she is the kind of person that keeps things bottled up.” I replied.

“We should get the guys to help look for her.” He said while he headed inside to get Harry, Liam, Niall and Zayn.

            I told Peter that I would be back I was just going to pick up Kendall with Louis. I know I didn’t tell him the whole story but I couldn’t have anyone else to worry about her. Niall and Zayn couldn’t come with us because the party was in Niall’s house so he couldn’t leave. We decided to split up into two groups so we could cover more places in less time; it was Liam and Louis then Harry and I. First I called Mom and Dad to tell them what was going on and not to worry because we were looking for her, I told them to stay home to make sure someone was home if she went there.

Louis’s POV

            Liam and I have searched everywhere we thought she would be, but we had no luck anywhere. Then my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Harry:

Any luck finding her? We checked the school and asked their friendly neighbors. xx

Louis:

No. We checked in town. xx

Harry:

Cera and I are going to look at Nandos. Just keep looking. xx

Louis:

Don’t worry Hazza I will not stop looking until we find her. Xx

I put my phone back in my pocket looking back at Liam.

“Louis, where were the places we took Kendall that one day when we ran into her? She doesn’t really know any other places except for those, right?” Liam asked me.

“We checked all of the stores we took her to, except…” I said pulling Liam in a hurry to find Kendall.

            I felt so dumb not thinking of this in the first place. It was the place where she saw the best view of the stars and think back to a warm, happy place. I just hope she was ok and wasn’t freezing since it was so cold. We finally got there, the park that we went to that day when we first met and there she was laying on the grass looking up at the stars. Liam and I ran towards her and yelled out her name.

Kendall’s POV

            I heard someone call out my name. I immediately recognized their voices and sat up wiping the tears from my eyes and forcing a smile on my face.

“What are you guys doing here? You guys do know it is Christmas Eve, right?” I said jokingly.

“We are here looking for you. You gave Cera and all of us quite a scare love.” Liam said with his friendly smile.

“She told you huh?” I said as my eyes tear up and my head looking at the blades of grass

“It’s ok Kendall.” Louis said hugging me, “Geez, you are freezing. Here take my jacket.”

“Thank you. I didn’t even realize how cold it was when I walked out of my house, I guess I was just preoccupied.” I said to Louis who was still hugging me. “You know I didn’t even get to say goodbye. They just left me all alone and on Christmas Eve.” I cried into his chest.

“I am sure it wasn’t the way they imagined leaving you but you have to know they are in a better place love. I don’t think they would want you to be all alone on Christmas.” Liam said putting is arm around me. “Well I guess I better get back to Niall and Zayn and tell them that everything is ok.”

“Louis go with him, go have some fun. I’ll be fine.” I said

“How can I have fun when I know my best mate is feeling horrible?” He asked me.

“How about I join you guys? I could use a couple of drinks.”  I replied.

            On our way back to Niall’s house Louis was on his phone talking to Cera, I am guessing because they were talking about me. When we got to Niall’s house someone punched me in the arm and I knew just who it was, Cera with her eyes red and puffy. I knew she was worried about me, I told her not to get all worked up because that would make me start crying again. We went inside and partied and had a couple of drinks.

            It was almost one in the morning and I wanted to sleep in my own bed. I told everyone ‘Merry Christmas’ and headed towards the door. Everything was spinning and I could barely keep my balance, I was about to fall when Zayn grabbed me and told me that he was going to drive me home. Since he was the only one who wasn’t drunk. He dropped me off in the driveway and I went upstairs to my bed and just knocked out.