Chapter 13: Surprise

Beth’s POV

            This is the longest three minutes of my life, waiting for the results from the paternity test. I was sitting in the bathroom with Kendall trying to get my mind off of the test so time would go quicker.

            “So… what will you do if it turns out positive Beth?” Kendall asked trying to break the awkward silence.

            “I’m not sure.” I said with my head hung, “But for sure I’m not killing my child. Hopefully the father will stay by my side to be a part of our kid’s life.”

            “Wait you don’t even know the guy’s name?” She said shocked.

            “No. But he is a friend of Candice’s boyfriend, so I will just have to ask him.”

            “Time is up do you want to check or do you want me to?”

            “I’ll check it.” I said slowly walking up to the counter. My eyes opened widely in shock. “No this can’t be happening to me.” I said in my head.

            “So what’s going on?” Kendall asked as I stood there frozen looking at the test.

            “Kendall this can’t be right. This can’t be, why is this happening.” I cried

            “Let me see it.” She took it out of my hand and I fell on the floor sobbing.

            It’s like someone knocked the wind from me. I couldn’t breathe at all through all the crying. I felt Kendall wrap her arms around me and I buried my face in her chest. Now I know I have to tell Louis. I grabbed my phone and dialed his number.

Louis’s POV

            I was in the XFactor house in the One Direction room when my phone started ringing. It was Beth; a smile grew on my face as I answered the phone. It soon fell as I heard her sniffling.

            “Babe what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” I asked.

            “Louis I’m so sorry. I never meant to hurt you.” She started crying.

            “What did you do?” I sat up from my bunk.

            “I was drunk. I didn’t know what I was doing?”

            “What have you done BETH?” I asked.

            “I slept with someone at the party yesterday. And… And..” She said.

            “YOU WHAT?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!” I cut her off before she could finish.

            “I’m sorry Lou. I was drunk.” She stated.

            “THAT IS NO EXCUSE!” I yelled

            “I have something else to tell you Lou.” She paused for a while, the silence was unbearable.

            “What else do you have to tell me?” I said trying to calm myself down because everyone was downstairs.

            “I-I’m pregnant.” She said. As she said that it is like someone tore my heart out and stomped on it.

            “WELL I GOT SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU! WE… WE ARE NO MORE. HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILD!” I hung up the phone and started crying into my pillow.

            I loved her and she goes out and does this. I was always faithful to her especially while I am here in the XFactor house with many other girls. I pushed the thoughts of her to the back of my mind and grabbed a jumper, put my shoes on and head to the front door for some fresh air.

Harry’s POV

            I was in the living room on the computer just listening to music and tweeting some of our fans. I saw Louis walking down the stairs looking upset. He didn’t even look up from his feet and walked out the door. I looked over to the other boys to see if they knew what was going on, they all shrugged. So we got up and followed him out the door.

            “Louis! Where are you going mate?” Liam yelled to Louis.

            “Just going for a walk and getting some fresh air.” He replied

            I saw his eyes were red and puffy, “Louis what’s going on? Have you been crying?” I asked.

            “It’s nothing. Just go back to the house I will be in soon.” He tried to get rid of us.

            “No chance Lou, you’re not getting rid of me when I know you are upset.” I said and get told the others to go back and that I will talk to him, they agreed and went back. “So what’s got you so upset Louis?”

            “I just broke up with Beth.” He said and his eyes watered.

            “What? Why?”

            “She slept with someone at this party and now she is pregnant.” He cried and fell to the floor.

            “I’m sorry man. I know you really liked her.” I said while comforting him, “It’s alright mate. There are many fishes in the sea, like Marlina she seems to take and interest in you.”

            “That’s true man. But I am not ready to get back in the game just yet.”

            “That’s my boo bear.”

            “Ughh, never call me that.” He smiled and smacked my arm.

            We walked back in to the house and Louis went up to the room to go to sleep. I filled the guys in about what had just happened. We all felt sorry but we hoped that the heartbroken Louis we know wouldn’t get drunk and ruin our chances of winning this competition.

Kendall’s POV

            Beth walked into my room for more privacy when she called Louis. I felt really bad because I know that because of this their relationship is over. I put the kettle on the stove and started to make some comfort food for her when she came out of my room. Once she came out of my room her eyes were super red and puffy. I went up and hugged her to soothe her to tell her everything will be fine and she could always come to me if she needed to.

            “Well Louis and I are over, so I guess I should go find the father of my baby and tell him.” She said heading towards the door but I stopped her.

            “You can do that tomorrow. Today we are going to have a little girl’s night in and stuff our faces.” I smiled at her.

            “Thanks Kendall, I would love to.” She smiled back at me.

            “There’s my best friends beautiful smile I have been waiting to see.”

            I pulled her to the kitchen as I heard the kettle on the stove screech. I made up some Jasmine Tea, Beth’s favorite. She gave me looks as I put loads of honey because in my opinion tea taste like weird hot water so I put loads of sweeteners in it. For the rest of the night we laughed at funny movies, ate lots of food, and talked about random stuff. I would do anything to get her mind off of the terrible day she had just had and the one she is about to have tomorrow.