Chapter 7: "Cera, what's wrong? Are you ok?"

I was on Venice Beach in Los Angeles soaking in the sun and feeling the sand between my toes. I couldn’t believe I was back home and on a beach with my best friend, Cassandra, who I had to leave behind.. It felt like paradise, like I was in my own fantasy world where everything went smoothly and nothing went horribly wrong. “This is too good to be true. I must be dreaming.” I thought to myself. Cassy and I went to get an ice cream and shop in the local stores… when suddenly I felt like someone was jumping on my stomach. I fell on the floor screaming but everyone just went on with there business. I started to get tunnel vision, and then finally everything went dark.

            I shot up in a sitting position on my bed and banged my head against Kyle’s. I noticed it was just a dream, a dream I wanted to become reality except for the last part.

Kyle rubbed his head and said, “Oww. Nice way to greet someone while they are trying to wake you up so we could finally have our ‘Kyle and Kendall’ day.”

“I am sorry.” I said rubbing my head, “I just had a bad dream. Erh, so what are we going to do today.”

He put his hand on his chin and started rubbing it. It was his was of “trying” to be funny. “We should go to the park and see if you still have that arm from little league baseball.”

“You know I still have a wicked curveball.” I said playfully punching him in the shoulder.

            We grabbed the baseball mitts and baseball and headed to the park. Once we got there, I went straight to the pitchers spot and Kyle stood on the baseball diamond. I couldn’t believe after eight years of not playing I still could throw pretty good. After over an hour of throwing the ball back and forth my arm began to give out and I was getting hungry.

“Hey lets go get something to eat.” I yelled over to him.

He ran over to me, “Yeah I’m starving. I am in the mood for sushi, can we get that?”

“Sure, there is a Sushi Boat in the mall a couple of blocks away.”

We started walking over to the mall when I heard someone scream my name. It was a familiar voice that I could never miss.

“Where are you two dorks going?” Cera said finally catching up with us.

“Sushi Boat, you little turd.” Kyle said playfully putting her head in a head lock.

“OK, I guess I will see you guys later then. I am just going to meet up with someone for lunch. See you two at home.” She said

“Aww does my little sister have a date?” Kyle teased her.

I laughed and joined him, “Don’t want to keep Peter waiting CC.”

She started to get mad and denied everything we teased her about and walked away. I couldn’t believe that she didn’t have a date with Peter; she had been with him for the past week. Anyways, we got to the mall and ate a massive amount of food.

Cera’s POV

            I couldn’t let Kendall and Kyle know the trouble I was getting into but it was all for Peter. I was doing things that weren’t right. I was helping him sell drugs to people. I couldn’t believe I was doing this but that is why I was going to meet up with him so I could tell him that I wasn’t going to continue doing this. Hopefully things go good. I finally met up with Peter at the warehouse and talked to him. But things didn’t go as planned, the next thing I knew I was hit over the head with something and blacked out.