Chapter 9: Kendall's awake

*Beep Beep Beep*

            That is the sound that I woke up to this morning. I was in a room I didn’t recognize and I was connected to machines. I saw Louis asleep on the chair next to the bed and Cera on the other bed across from me.

            “Louis.” I whispered reaching over to nudge him. His eyes flickered opened.

            “Lou where are we?” I asked him.

            “Kendall you’re awake. We are in the hospital.” He got up and hugged me, “You shouldn’t be sitting up lay back down.”

            I did what he said because my back hurt. “Ughh, my back hurts.”

            “I wouldn’t think getting shot in the back would result in a pleasant feeling.” He said making me laugh. “I’ll go wake Cera and get the nurse.”

            I grabbed his arm, “Don’t wake Cera, she looks tired. Just let her sleep.”

Louis walked out of the room coming back with the nurse, she checked everything and said everything was going well and within a couple of days I would be able to go home.

            It was around ten in the morning and Cera woke up. I looked over at her while she got up and walked towards me.

            “I’m sorry for what I put you through. I-If I just stayed away from Peter like everyone said you wouldn’t be in here.” She said standing next to my bed.

            “It’s ok. You couldn’t have known he was like that, I am just glad you are safe.” I said pulling her in for a hug.

We pulled apart and I told them to go eat breakfast while the nurse came back in to change the bandage on my back.

Cera’s POV

            I felt so horrible for what had just happened and everyone was telling me it’s not my fault but it was. I hung my head when I felt a hand touch my arm.

            “I know you might think this is your fault but truly it isn’t. It was just a mistake.” Louis comforted me while putting the tray of food in front of me.

            “But Louis I am the whole reason why everything happened.” I said with my head hung.

            “You couldn’t have known what was going to happen. I bet you didn’t even know Peter owned a gun.”

            “Can we talk about something else?” I asked and he nodded. “So are you going to tell Kendall that you guys are going to audition for XFactor in June?”

            “I’m going to tell her later, but I think me and the lads are going to try out solo.”

            “Ok. I know you will get far because you’re such a good singer.” I said elbowing his rib. “You better not turn in to one of those ‘think you’re all that’ kind of guy if you get all famous.”

            “Don’t worry. I am not that type of guy.” He said with a reassuring smile.

            Louis and I were both finished with our breakfast and headed up to Kendall’s room.

Kendall’s POV

            My back was in agonizing pain and the nurse gave me something to make the pain subside. It felt a little better but it still hurt like crazy, I am just glad that it was me instead of Cera because I don’t know what I would’ve done if I lost her. My eyes started to tear up at the thought of almost losing her, I grabbed my iPod and stuck the earphones in my ears and closed my eyes getting lost in the song. I felt someone tap my shoulder.

            “Hmmm?” I said opening my eyes.

            “Wakey wakey Kendall.” I heard a familiar voice that made me jump out of my skin.

            “W-w-what are you doing here?” I stuttered as I looked at him.

            “Just here to finish what I started.” He said with an evil smirk on his face.

            “Peter, don’t you dare touch her!” I yelled at him.

            He crept closer to my face and whispered, “What are you going to do about it? You can’t even get out of bed.”

            “Who says I can’t get out of bed you dick?” I said struggling out of bed.

I could see the elevator open from the corner of my eye and I saw Cera and Louis coming from it. I knew I shouldn’t have looked over but I did. As I did I quickly turned back to Peter to see him turned in her direction and made his way towards her.

            “Please don’t touch her.” I started to tear up.

            “Now why would I do that?”

            I was about to respond when Louis entered the room and he was followed by Cera. I really didn’t want to put her through a situation that she would blame herself again if anyone got hurt. They both had a shocked look on their face as they saw Peter.

            “Cera don’t come in here.” I said as I attempted to hold the tears back.

            “There is the girl of the hour.” Peter said with an evil look in his eyes.

            “Get out of here Peter before I call the police.” Louis threatened him.

My cousin was too shocked to speak and just stood there with a scared look on her face.

            “I wouldn’t do that Louis, unless you want to see Kendall bleeding to death on this floor.” Peter said grabbing me and pulling out a pocket knife and holding it to my neck.

            “Don’t. Can’t you see how much pain you put her in already?” Louis said as tried to keep him from hurting me as he stepped closer towards us.

            “Come any closer and you will be attending her funeral.” He said forcing the knife closer to my skin.

            “NO!” Cera yelled out. “Leave now and we won’t call the police, just leave and never come back.”

            They kept going for a few minutes until I pain in my back became unbearable that I started blacking out. I tried to keep my eyes open and attempting to get free of Peter’s grasp. I finally did and I fell to the ground. Then when Peter had nothing else to threaten Cera with he fled before anyone called the cops. Louis grabbed me off the floor and put me on the hospital bed.

            “Ken are you ok?” Louis asked me.

            “Yes, just really light headed.” I looked over to my cousin who was curled up in the corner. “Louis you have to do me a favor.”

            “Anything for you.”

            “You can not tell anyone about what just happened, please.”

            “If that is what you want love then my lips are sealed.” He gave me a little smile.

I couldn’t relate to how Cera was feeling at this moment but I knew anything I would say would just make the situation much worst than it already was. I wanted to make her pain go away but it was no use to try, she was a very stubborn. So I just kept talking to Louis.