Chapter 11: Swim meet

Kendall’s POV

            I am so proud of the boys they all made it to boot camp, which means they will be away from home for a while and the only update I will get is from them calling me. They have told me that they made two new friends named Marlina and Kat, knowing them it’s not a surprise that they made friends with girls. It has been almost a month and I am beginning to miss my best friends, it has been pretty quiet without them here. Hopefully today’s swim meet would get my head off of the boys and how lonely it is without them.

            “Ken, are you ready? We were suppose to leave at half six!” Cera hollered from the kitchen.

            “Calm down. Warm ups don’t even start until seven.” I said walking down the steps.

            “Well you always take forever to get out of bed.” She rolled her eyes at me. “So any word from the boys?”

            “No.” I sighed

            “It’s ok they are busy Ken.” She said patting my back. “They will call you soon it has only been two weeks since they last called you. They are probably too tired and knock out when they get to their hotel room.”

            “Yeah. Let’s just go. Hopefully this swim meet will distract me.”

            We got to the pool and it didn’t start out that well. My coach yelled at me for being late to warm up. Right away I knew today wouldn’t be my day. It was time for me to race in my first event of the day which I was totally psyched for, but when I finished to the wall and turned to look at my time, my bad day had begun.

            “Kendall, WHAT WAS THAT?!” Coach Kevin yelled at me.

            “I don’t know what happened. I was so pumped behind the block but then when I looked at my time it wasn’t what I had expected.” I said with my head hung.

            “Oh well nothing we can do about it now just go get ready for your next race.” He said very disappointed.

            “Ok.” I walked back to the canopy and plugged my earphones in my phone and put it my ears. I was listening to some house music from Pandora. I felt someone tap my shoulder; I turn around to see Cera.

            “Hey are you ok? I heard what Kevin yelled at you, he was out of order.” She said.

            “Yeah, it’s fine. I just have to focus on my next race.” I lied.

            “You will do great on your next race sissy. Just have fun.”

            “You too, my Olympian.” I gave her a little smile. Then she got ready for her event.

            Honestly couldn’t take my mind off of the guys and how thinks were going for them. I tried my hardest to push it to the back of my mind and focus on swimming but it just wasn’t possible. I just wanted to hear their voices.

Cera’s POV

            I can tell Kendall really misses the guys and she hasn’t talked to them in a couple of weeks. She usually never gets distracted at meets, she is usually the one telling me to stop fooling around and conserve my energy. She was now behind her block about to swim and I just finished and went to talk to coach.

            “Great race Cera.” Coach said patting my head. “Oh here is Kendall. Hopefully she can redeem herself from this morning.”