Chapter 4: stage fright

It was time for the second day of my new school, it felt just like the first because the unusual schedule. I got my bum out of bed and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower. I felt too lazy so I left my hair with its natural and I put my contacts in my eyes. Then I walked downstairs to get some breakfast, I grabbed a bowl and poured some Captain Crunch and milk into it. Cera finally came down and we headed to the garage so we could go to school.

            I backed out of the drive way and drove towards school. It took us five minutes to get to the school parking lot and park the car. I just remembered that it was the Friday and that after school we would be on Christmas break for two weeks. Once I got out of the car the bell rang for the first class of the day, I had music.

            Once again I got lost looking for the class, when I got there everyone was there and I saw six familiar faces sitting next to each other.

“Finally cousin, what took you so long? You do know you are late, right?” Cera said.

“I got lost again.” I let out a sigh, “What are you doing here? I thought we didn’t have any classes together.”

“They changed my schedule and I guess I forgot to tell you.”

“We should really get you a map of the school Kendall.” Harry said while laughing.

“I think that would have been really helpful a few minutes ago.” I smiled and saw Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn sitting there too.

“Maybe I should walk you to your classes so you won’t get lost again.” Louis chuckled.

I laughed and said, “That’s a good idea.”

            I took a seat in between Louis and Cera. Since my cousin and I are new the teacher had us give him a sample of our singing, but I have horrible stage fright so I had Cera go first. She was amazing; everyone clapped as she walked off the stage. When she sat next to me she saw the look on my face, it looked like I was going to throw up.

“Kendall you don’t look so good, is it because of your stage fright?” She said to me.

“Yes, I can’t do this you know how I get when I get in front of people.” I said.

She turned me towards her and said, “You have an angelic voice, you have nothing to worry about. Just keep your eyes on me, do not look anywhere else.”

“Ok.” I said getting up nervously.

I stood at the front of the classroom, I tried to keep my eyes locked on Cera but I couldn’t help it I knew everyone’s eyes were on me. I ran out the door and down the corridor. My eyes were filled with tears making my vision blurred and I dropped to my knees. I heard a familiar voice but I didn’t look, I just wanted to disappear.

“Hey Kendall are you ok?” the familiar voice said sitting next to me.

“Liam what are you doing? How come you aren’t in class?” I replied wiping tears from my eyes.

“I needed to know you were ok love. What happened back there?”

I looked up at his eyes and my eyes started tearing up thinking about what just happened, “I have horrible stage fright, I can’t handle people looking at me perform and embarrassing myself in front of them.”

“Kendall, no one will judge you and if they do don’t listen to them. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks about you it is about what you think about yourself.”