Day 7: The Amazon Forest

I'm sitting in first class, next to Gwen, playing pokemon. Cody was busy being hounded by Sierra.

"Brace for landing, we've arrived at our next destination: The Amazon, but the runway's a little short." Chris annonces as I buckle in.

/"Yay finally a forest challenge, and in the Amazon forest. I've always wanted to come here." I smile.\

"Team Amazon in the Amazon. That's got to be a lucky sign." I look next to me at Gwen with wide eyes.

"Whenever a team predicts good luck they always lose," Sierra said as our whole team looked at her.

"But I didn't...I just meant..." Sierra quickly covers Gwen's mouth.

"Gosh I hope none of the Amazons said this might be lucky for them. That be disastrous," Chris said as he laughed. My gaze shifts from shocked to concerned. We then land.

I step off the plane as we all stood with our teams. 

"Welcome to Peru, birthplace of the mighty Amazon River. This challenge is called: The Am-ah-zon Race. Teams must hike along an ancient Inca trail through the Peruvian jungle all the way to Machu Picchu. Hidden somewhere among the ruins of Machu Picchu a golden treasure awaits discovery. Find the treasure to win first class passage to our next destination. Last team to arrive at Machu Picchu will have to send someone out of the elimination door, and be warned, the jungle contains many vicious insects." Cody raises his hand. "Yes, Cody, the legal department made me well aware of your deathly allergies and insisted we supply an EpiPen." Cody went to retrieve it, but Chris held it out of his reach. "Wouldn't make sense to give it to the person who has the allergies. What if you need an injection when you're unconscious?" Sierra starts to plead for Chris to give it to her. "Who can we get to carry this?" Cody gives me puppy dog eyes which makes me blush.

"I'll take it." Gwen said as we look at her. Chris tosses it to her.

"Also in the jungle are the Zing-Zings. A native tribe who have never encountered modern man, and they're not about to, so if you spot a Zing-Zing do not make contact. They-" Chris looks sideways at Chef who was beating on a drum. "Will you stop that?" He snapped. Chef stops.

"How far is it to Monkey picture?" Owen asked as I raise a brow at his mispronunciation.

"Machu Picchu, is a hop, skip, and a jump from here...plus 18 hours." Everyone groans. "The jungle is too dangerous to travel at night, so teams will have to break at dusk and camp until sunrise."

"And I assume there are no tents?" Alejandro asked as he was wearing an eye patch over his right eye. I raise a brow.

"Correctamundo, now because the playing area is so vastly and dangerous, each team will have a walkie-talkie in case of emergency. Teams, I wish you good luck or at the very least...a lack of death." I flinch at his words worried.

We reach a crossroads as the other two teams are going left. "Maybe we should go right," Gwen said as I shook my head.

"No left, even if it's wrong at least everyone will be wrong." Sierra said as I nod agreeing with her.

"Yeah, safety in numbers. Just thinking of you ladies." Cody said as I felt a stab in my gut. He didn't even look at me.

/"Did Cody just forget that I was even there? Or did he purposely call me a girl?" I couldn't believe it as I blinked a few times.\

"Let Gwen decide. She's the one who's feeling lucky." I look at Heather with wide eyes.

"I said I was sorry." Gwen commented as Heather walked by her.