Chapter 4

Their laughter flowed throughout the house as they relive the memories of so long ago. Sienna wiped her eyes, the tears of laughter was a nice change from before. She tilted her glass of wine back, downing the last inch of white wine that swirled the bottom. Staring at one of her best friends she wondered how she changed so much in so little time. In a matter of a year and a half, Becky had married her high school sweetheart and became the stepmom of an amazing little girl. Becky’s blonde hair fell as she ripped the hair tie out, a sure sign of her becoming tipsy.

“Oh god, you girls are going to be plastered.” She heard from behind her. Her breath caught in her throat at the sounds of that same old rough voice that made her weak in the knees. Thank god she was sitting down. She swallowed hard as she turned around and faced the man that had had her heart her entire life. His blue-green eyes met her jade ones as he smiled that smile. The smile that makes all girls nearly faint. He had allowed his bread to grow out, something she always loved. Definitely packed on more muscle.

“Well, now that the cats out of the bag...Go get ready. You’re not spending the night with me girl!” Becky yelled from the couch, pouring yet another glass of wine. Sienna laughed at her very drunken friend and nodded. She knew better to argue. Once Becky had made up her mind there was no use. After all she was the girl who went into the pin with a bull just cause she dropped her favorite lip gloss.

“Give me just a minute and I’ll be ready.” She spoke without hesitation. ‘Remind me to thank her later!’ She thought as she ran to the guest room and quickly changed out of her yoga pants and into jeans. Smoothing her hair from a messy bun to flowing down her shoulders she looked at herself in the mirror once again. She couldn’t believe the nervousness flowing through her. He was her best friend and ex-boyfriend. He had seen her at levels she wanted no one to see her at.

He licked his lips, looking down the hall as he ran a hand over his face. He didn’t think it was possible for that girl to get even more beautiful, but damn did she surprise him over and over again. Her auburn hair had grown longer, framing her face and making his eyes focus on those green eyes that caused his heart to speed up every time. Her curves stood out a bit more, showing him she had lost weight. Something she definitely didn't need to do. He hadn’t even realized he was biting his lip until Becky cleared her throat.

“Like what you see BG?” She spoke taunting him as she tilted her glass at him.

“You’re drunk.” He responded laughing and shaking his head at her. He wouldn’t admit it, but he definitely liked what he saw. Hell, he had since they were as young as he could remember. His girl had changed, that was for sure, but she was still the same old flame that never went out. The one who never gave his heart back. Though he deserved it. Man did he, but that was a story for another time.

“Ready?” Sienna’s voice called out, breaking his trance. He nodded and said a thank you to the Becky and her husband Ryan before opening the door and leading the girl at hand to his blacked out, lifted Chevy Duramax 2500 HD.

“Heard you wanted to take a ride.” He spoke, sending chills up and down her spine. He gestured to the lifted truck, smirking as he saw her bite her lip. She always loved his trucks.

“Of course I did Brant. Always gotta take a ride when you come home.” She replied, smiling as he opened the door for her. His momma made sure she raised a southern gentleman, even if he was a hell raiser. She smiled widely at him as he hopped on the driver side, starting the old diesel. She inhaled deeply, both relaxed and nostalgic. Looking around the small town as he drove she couldn’t help but smile at the memories that laid out like scenes in a movie. The Baptist church where they shared their first kiss. The diner where they had their first date. The tracks where he said goodbye that last time. The time she thought he would call ten minutes later and tell her he was sorry and he didn’t mean it. The call that never came. He called her a lot after that, telling her of his adventures, but merely as friends.He released his grip from the steering wheel and squeezed her hand that laid on the center console, breaking her from her thoughts. It might have been a year and a half since they had seen each other, but that man still knew her like ever before. She slid her other hand over his, silently telling him she was okay.

“Surprised you don’t have those pretty little feet of yours on the dashboard.” He laughed squeezing her hand slightly.

“I haven't done that in a long time. Derrick wouldn’t allow that.” She said with a half-hearted laugh, quieting down once she realized what she said. A look flashed across Brantley’s face but he quickly changed it.

“Well he’s not here is he?” He asked, shaking her a knowing look. His mind was going with that comment. Wouldn't allow it? What was he her daddy? No one could reign in Sienna. She was like wild horse. You could try to ride it, but you'd just get bucked off.

“No, no he’s not.” She replied, smiling as she kicked her boot covered feet on the dashboard, leaning back in her seat. She let out a sigh of content making him laugh as he turned up the radio once again. Guns N Roses. She shook her head laughing before belting out those same old lyrics as when they were teenagers. If it was anyone else she would have thought he was trying to avoid awkwardness, but blasting music and riding throughout town was just their thing. He smiled soon and joined her, singing along with ever word. He pulled up to a modest home, looking nearly the same as every other house in the neighborhood.

“Thought you had a deer farm in Bama?” She asked, not wanting to sound rude, but in the thirty years of knowing B, she never thought he’d had a house in the suburbs.

“I do. This was the house I bought Amber before we split. She never even saw it. I stay here when I'm in town. Too damn big for the room at mama's.” He cut to the point, laughing under his breath. She took in the home in front of her. The red brick contrasted the white trim making her smile. It was something she always liked. The house was easily a four bedroom.

“Well too bad for her. It’s nice.” She said, following him to the door. He nodded, unlocking it before ushering her in. He headed straight for the kitchen, hanging his keys on the key holder near the door.

“You still have this?” She asked, laughing as she looked at the junky old piece of wood with hooks.

“Of course I do! Brought it up from the farm in Bama so it would feel like home.” He said, smiling wide at her. She had made it years ago when she lost her keys nearly every time she set them down.  

“You ever get that cougar fixed?” Laying her jacket on the table near the door she raised an eyebrow and smirked. She had a feeling it was in the same spot it was in Bama as a year ago when she was working on it.

“Nah, my mechanic was busy.” He replied with a smile as he handed her a beer, getting a very pointed look, “I’m alright babe. You can have a couple of drinks and not tempt me anymore. Let's go watch a movie, I need my best friend’s cuddles.”

“Sounds good big man.” She giggled as she nodded, stripping her boots off as she crashed on his leather couch. He laughed as he moved her over slightly, pulling her to snuggle on his side as he flipped on Tombstone. He smelled of diesel, leather and cedar, a smell that only he had.

“So how has my best girl been?” He asked, resting his arm on her shoulders, just as he had always done.

“Better now, B, better now.” She said, truthfully for the first time in a long time. They fell into that same old rhythm, talking until the sun rose again. She was beginning to feel like she belonged again. Like everything was falling back into place and tomorrow they would all leave this behind for a week of carefree fun.  Off in the corner, her phone was vibrating, consistently with a word across the screen “BLOCKED”.

Authors note: Fidnt realize how much of a filler this was but it's okay! The best friends are reunited!

Let me know how you guys like it! Huge thank you to the wonderful MissyDoe2017 for making me feel like this story is worth while!

I also have another story I'm thinking of but I can't start writing it until this one is done because id lose all motivation and I love Sienna too much for that!