Chapter 10

A week had passed and the monster she was living with just kept growing. Feeling herself grow light headed she excused herself, walking towards the house not waiting for anyone to answer before darting out. Derrick was chatting with Brantley about his new job at the record agency, or something to that effect. She wasn't quiet listening. The sounds of music blasting in the crowded backyard were making her head pound. The events of the other night standing out in her mind. She passed several people, attempting to shield her battered hip. The ice cold beer was pressed hard against her arm as she said various hellos to the people she hadn't seen yet. Thanks to touring with Brantley off and on throughout the years she had quite the wide variety of friends.

"Hey, Rosey!" She heard from the kitchen, making her head pop up and smile at the man who said it. Justin Moore. One of her good friends and possibly one of the best country stars of today's music.

"Hey, Justin!" She smiled wide, tipping the top of her beer ever so slightly to him. He tipped his in return, laughing at their personal wave to each other. A searing pain shot through her hips as she felt the weight of someone pressed against her. Apologizes flew out of the responsible parties mouth, but she brushed them off, trying her hardest to smile despite the pain. She watched as a worried glance came across Justin's face, but she shook her head, shooting a smile his way, hoping he'd believe it. She practically limped to the bathroom as tears welled in her eyes. The pain was shooting with every step, but she had to keep it hidden. There was no way she'd be able to explain this. Her hand met the hardwood door as she pushed it open. Thankful that in this busy crowd it was available. She quickly shut the door behind her and met the reflection of a woman she wasn't sure if she knew anymore.

She used to party just like this crew, taking shot after shot, somehow ending up in the pool or passed out in the back of Brant or Kolby's truck. Now she had to play Mrs. Prim-and-proper. If it wasn't for appearance sake she wouldn't even be allowed to come. Wincing she lifted her shirt, peeking at the discolored skin of last night's battle. She closed her eyes hard, trying to block the memories that were flooding through her mind.

She screamed as his foot came into contact with her abdomen once again. This had been going on for what seemed like hours. Her head swirled as her vision faded. The pain coursed through and through coming in waves, waves of torture. The skin felt as if it was starting to burst like it was going to split at any moment, but the monster before her didn't care.

"I know you slept with him Sienna! Why else would he want you huh? Because you're some great song writer? HA! He just wanted an easy lay." He mocked her. The day after they moved into the new house Brantley picked her up at 8 am, just like he said. They had finished two new songs for his album, polishing the last few lyrics and making sure they flowed. They hadn't even realized it was 8 pm until they walked outside and saw the sky was suddenly black.

"He just wanted help with his songs. I swear." She cried. The pain coursing throughout was becoming overwhelming. Her stomach felt as if it was going to empty it any moment, but she tried to keep it at bay. It would only become worse if she allowed herself to empty her stomach. He leaned down, gripping her shirt tightly in his fist as his other fist came down over and over against her tender flesh. With every hit, darkness surrounded her until suddenly she could no longer see. Her head pounded when she awake, her legs ice cold. She rolled into ball, whimpering as she felt her bare legs.

"Oh shit, I'm..." She yanked her shirt back down looking over the person who was standing at the door. Justin's eyes were wide as he stared at her hip. His hand tightened on the doorknob, his knuckles turning white.

"It's not..." She protested but instantly stopped as he raised a finger, almost like she was one of his kids. His blue eyes were iced over, staring hard at her. She was instantly silenced. His face fell hard at her attempted to cover for the dark mark.