Chapter 16

"Oh Mr. Gilbert, we don't have you on the schedule today. Did you need something?" the reception asked flustered as she searched her computer worriedly. Her blonde hair was tied up in its usual bun, the red lipstick was missing meaning she only wore it when he was coming in. If he was here on other business he would have laughed, but today...today he had something to handle.

"No, no Mary. I'm here to speak to Derrick Wilder, is he in?" The much larger man smiled, working the charm he knew would allow him to be lead the garbage of a man's office. He laid on his Georgia accent a little thicker, knowing it would knock her off her feet.

"Yes, he just got back from lunch! Right this way." giggling she stood from her desk and motioned for him to follow. Slipping his hand into his pocket, his fist wrapped around the familiar weight of brass knuckles. The younger blonde was shaking her hips a little overdramatic. Sweet girl, but she always tried to tempt Brantley. Not that it worked to her dissatisfaction. He thanked her as he opened the door of the office and stepped through, barely missing the fact that she was using the file in her hand to fan herself once he was gone. Shaking his head he sat in the seat closes to the desk, his back to the door. His phone vibrated in his pocket but he ignored it. Probably one of the guys from his MC. He had sent out a text early this morning with a picture of Sienna's bruised legs, a picture of Derrick and a simple message "Raise some hell."

"Brantley, what do I owe the pleasure?" Derricks voice was full of sarcasm as he walked behind his desk. Brantley couldn't help but smile at the dark mark on the side of his face. His girl did good. "I can only spare a minute. I'm quite busy."

"You know why I'm here." He spoke, leaning forward and placing his elbows on his knees. His knuckles wrapped tightly in his other hand. His eyes were cold as they stared at the weak, pathetic waste of skin in front of him. He had always been a very understanding man, but as it was written in all of his songs, you never...and I mean never have an excuse as to why you would hit a woman.

"I'm afraid I don't. How's Sienna? She didn't come home last night. I called her parents and she wasn't there either. So tell me did you two have fun with your little sleepover?" Outrage laced each word as Derrick leaned forward, cocky little fuck. Brantley laughed, a deep dark laugh begging him to try. He balled his fist a little tighter, pushing just a bit of his anger down. This wasn't just Derrick's place of business. He'd warn him today and any further action Derrick too would just be fuel on the fire.

"You know damn well why she's at my place. You ever contact her again, you'll be dealing with me boy, and you don't want to see that side of me." Brantley stood, resting his now brass covered knuckles against the wooden desk. The sounds of metal against the wood rang out, but Derrick just smirked.

"She'll come back to me. Just like she did when she first came to this shit hole of a town." Derrick laughed as he shook his head. He truly believed that.

"No, no she won't. I won't let her. You can threaten me all you want it don't bother me one bit. Don't contact her. Don't even look in her direction do you understand me, boy? You ain't seen nothing yet. Think you're so badass on a lady but I guarantee you ain't ever meet a grown ass man like me. I know what you did to her. I saw the bruises. I saw the scar. I heard the stories. You're lucky I don't bust your face in right now. It's a different story when I'm on the other side of my 9. I won't be as generous my girl." Brantley was fuming by the time he finished. The vein in his neck was popping, his muscles tense as he slammed a fist down on the desk leaving a noticeable imprint.

"You just wait and see Brantley. I'll get her back. I always do. You think it's the first time she's left me? If my count is correct this is the fifth." Derrick was playing with fire and he knew it. How pissed could he make the man in front of him? How long before he snaps? With a wicked smile of his own, Brantley turned and walked out of the office. He'd get him. Just give it time. Too many witnesses and cameras here. He walked down the hall, sliding his dark glasses back on. Just wait boy...