Chapter 24-Part 2/3

Sienna stood tall as she stared at herself in the mirror. She had said it a million times before already but she couldn't believe today was the day she was getting married. A day she hadn't even known about. She glanced down at the picture Mama Becky had given her before she left, ushering all the girls out as she did. She quoted that she needed everyone to give Sienna time to write her vows, but she knew her daughter in law just need a few moments to process everything around her. A smile found her lips as she stared at it. She was kissing Brantley's cheek as the low light of the back of his truck shone, a wide smile plastered across his face. The picture was taken from Brantley's angle, a selfie if you will, but back in those days it was taken by a disposable camera. She knew exactly when this was taken. How could she not. It was the first time he made her his. She inhaled deeply not being able to help being taken back to that night.

She checked the time once more, before staring at her appearance in the mirror once more. 9:55, five minutes until it was time to leave. She ran her hands through her auburn hair again before smoothing out the flannel she was wearing. It was odd that she was so nervous. He was her brother's best friend, her best friend. Her eyes found her clock once again, 10:00. He would be parked down the street by now. She grabbed her wallet and walked over to her window. Pausing for a second she listened for any sounds but was met with only silence. A smile graced her lips as she pulled the window up and pushed the screen out with ease. Carefully she ducked down and slid through the opening. The cold breeze made her sigh in content as she ran down the road to the lifted black chevy awaiting her. The sound of quiet music poured from the cab as she opened the door and jumped into the spot she claimed as her's. No matter who was in the truck, the front seat was hers.

"Well don't you look pretty." His rough voice spoke softly as she leaned in and hugged him tightly. She hid the blush along her cheeks as bit her lip.

"So where are we headed?" She asked, sitting down and buckling her seatbelt as she watched smile spread across his lips.

"Well, I got some beer, some green and I know how my girl loves to off roads so I figured we could go do a little off-roading." She smiled and nodded. One thing she loved more than his truck, was when he took his truck off-roading. The adrenaline coursed through her as he threw the old diesel in drive. He turned up the volume, knowing she'd start singing. As if on cue her soft voice flowed through the cab of the truck matching every word that Axle sang. Sweet Child of Mine. He looked over at her. Her long legs covered in denim that looked painted on. Her signature flannel hid the black tank top that was peeking out, showing just a bit of cleavage. Her auburn hair framed her face, as her red lips sang the lyrics. He cleared his throat as he focused on driving again. He knew it was wrong. She was his buddy's little sister, but he couldn't help the feelings that had that raced through his body. It was more than lust. He licked his lips as he felt his heart began to race. He couldn't explain it but this girl had a hold on him.

"You good?" Met his ears as he looked over at her again.

"Never better," he smiled. She slid into the center seat and laid her head on his shoulder. A smile slid across his lips as he laid his hand on her knee, feeling it tense for just a second. She couldn't help the tingles that bolted up and down her body at the feeling of his hand on her knee. They drove the rest of the way in silence. The street lights fading as the asphalt ended.

"Buckle up baby," He chuckled as his eyes met the dirt road that was covered in muddy puddles. She giggled and moved back to her spot, buckling up quickly as he drove towards them. Within seconds the old Chevy was covered in mud. With each puddle his truck hit, her laughter increased. Though it might seem odd, off-roading was her way of relaxing, as if the muddy water washed away all of her stress in a single blow.