Chapter 19

"Come out here you piece of shit!" Brantley yelled as his fist repeatedly banged on the blue door of the house that once held so many secrets. The house that he bought to destroy her. The house that held the secrets that no one on the outside knew, not even her parents three doors down. The neighbors had started to pile in their yards, not used to so much noise in their quiet neighborhood, especially at 3 am. He had tried to let the law handle it just like she had begged him, but after days of phones calls after phones call, threats after threats, the pictures sent to them and the 25 recording devices found in the house, that approach was long gone. His mind was riddled with thousands of outcomes until he finally stormed out of bed not bothering to even write a note for Sienna to find. "Don't fucking act like you're not home you fucking joke! What can't face me like a man?!"

"Brantley, what's going on?" He heard behind him. He recognized her voiced. Siennas mother had walked from her home up the street and was standing behind him. They never told her parents. Barely anyone knew. She held her robe close to her, the chilled morning air hitting her, "Where's Sienna?"

"Mrs. Winter's I mean no disrespect but I think you should head on home." He spoke as he balled his fist once again. She knew this side of Brantley. The side that says fuck the law, the side that sought blood. The side that took justice into his own hands. There was only one person she knew of that could calm him, where she was was a mystery to everyone but Brantley.

"Tell me what's going on right now B!" She stressed, looking at the man she had watched grow from a tiny baby to a grown man. She had never seen him this angry. She could see the tears hiding behind his eyelids each time he closed them, the veins that ran down his tense arms and neck.

"It's nothing Mrs. Winters," they heard from the doorway, a thick English accent licking every word. Derrick stood in a t-shirt and pj bottoms looking as if he had just woken up. Brantley knew it was all a show. He had already been out here for twenty minutes banging on this door, "Or do you want to tell her how her daughter cheated on me with a redneck oaf like you?"

"Don't you even. How about you fess up to what you did to her for the past two years?!" Brantley yelled back, the veins straining against the skin of his neck. Brantley stood tall, not backing down as he buried his nails into the palm of his fist, almost begging himself to control his own anger. He knew it was no good though. This was long since coming. A month had passed since he took his girl home. A month he had controlled himself, but no more.

"Why I didn't do anything Brantley. I cared for her, I loved her. I gave her everything a girl could dream of and what did she do? She ran right back to the man who always leaves." He emphasized each word as he stepped down the short set of stairs leading to the grass. He barely got to finish his sentence before he was laid out on the ground with Brantley straddling him, his fist falling over and over again against the Englishman face. A fist fell flush with Brantley's face, but no matter the hits to the ribs and face he took, it just fueled his rage.

"Jason! Robert!" Mrs. Winters screamed as she covered her mouth with her hands. Brantley was clearly distraught and nothing she could do would stop the attack he led. She knew when Brantley got to this point that he was like a pitbull with locked jaws.

"Tell them what you did! Tell them how you think you're so badass because you laid your hands on a lady. How you laid your hands on my girl! How your constantly stalking her because she left your worthless ass." He held him down by the collar. He could already feel the bruises forming, the skin splitting on his knuckles but he could care less. His fist came down over and over, becoming covered in the blood of the man beneath him. The biker rings were digging into his fingers but he paid no mind. They were doing much more damage to the man under him than to him. His rage continued to build, his chest tightening. With every punch images of the bruises covering his girl flashed in his mind. His girl on the operating table being told she had lost their child. The child he never even knew about. The wedding they could have had. The life they would be living right now.