Seeing Red

I did not proof read this yet, give me ten hours. Because I have to go to work now. (I could wait to post it, but I'm excited okay.)

Mistakes shall be fixed in ten hours.

~ Demi ~

Each flight of stairs felt like the previous one. My breaths came less frequent as I rushed behind Nick. The second we landed on the control floor, we both paused. The silence of the space, with no soldiers and no agents, felt foreign to me. Blood trailed the floors and wall and before I could even get a good look at anything else. We both spotted a pissed off Joe kicking in doors. Neither of us called to him as he sensed movement, his face soon draining of pent up rage.

"We've got to get out of here!" He yelled, his hands and arm soaked in red. I didn't dare ask what happened because in a way I knew. "Where's Selena?" The man panicked as I assured him she was okay.

"She went with Charlie through the tunnels."

"Charlie?"

"One of our agents, look...."

"A Ludlow agent?"

"We have to leave remember?" I didn't want to dwell on whatever was going on through the rest of the building. I had to make sure that my friends and I escaped. And although the odd were very slim, I faced Nick. "Which bomb will go off first?"

"The one closest to the front of the building. The others will follow after that. The building should fall at an angle before collapsing on itself by each floor." His account of the situation made it clear that we would have to escape near the armory.

"Let's go then." Joe had faced me before picking up the pace, he hadn't spoken on anything even if he wanted to. The vest I had pulled up from one of the dead agents, was weighing me down. With each passing step I tossed an item out of the pockets, studying what it was before I carelessly chucked it. The second we neared the large double doors, we all stopped. My breaths were no longer normal as my eyes darted towards Joe's.

"You trust that Charlie agent to get Selena safely out of here?" His words reminded my heart of the nagging pain I was trying to overcome.

"I hope so."

"That's not what I asked." The man faced his brother as the noise from the other side of the door sounded like chaos.

"I'm tracking her." Instead of going through an entire speech about what I had done, I quickly rose up a small device, exposing it to the two men at my side.

"When did you put a tracker on her?" Nick was confused, obviously being with me for the last couple of crazy minutes.

"When I picked her up." I truthfully stated. "As long as she's out of here, we can finish this." I nodded towards each guy as they gave me a disdained nod. I studied the small device in my hand as the small blip on the map began to move. The further away the blinking dot moved, the more confident I felt about standing at my friend's side. The loud sirens from the hall were still echoing loudly, but nothing compared to the compound of voices filling the air from the other side of the door. Joe quickly brought up his gun in his bloody hands, giving Nick a quick glance as the building solely began to rock. Now as large as this place was, even one bomb couldn't cause such a shift in such a short amount of time. I was the first to push open the armory door. I had stood in this place just hours ago and now it was filled with dull eyed agents, all quickly pointing their barrels towards us.