9

The sounds of an alarm pulled Hoseok out of sleep. Blinking a few times and looking through bleary eyes, he sluggishly reached out and tapped the alarm. He was enveloped in silence for a few moments but it was short lasting. A pounding at the door caught his attention. he groaned, rubbing his face and calling out a weak, "I'm coming." Pulling himself from bed and slipping on a pair of discarded socks resting on his floor, he stumbled to his front door.

Looking through the peep hole brought the bright and cheery smile of Jimin into his sight. Hoseok smiled tiredly and opened the door.

"Morning, hyung!" Jimin greeted while walking inside, "You better get ready, we leave in twenty minutes."

Hoseok nodded. He and Jimin were both dance instructors at the local dance studio. Normally Hoseok could leave at his own leisure and till be there in time to teach his advanced class but today was different. Jimin's partner was sick and so he needed help teaching the class. It was difficult for one person to monitor a roomful of twenty to thirty people and so Hoseok had been called on to help. He didn't mind. He liked relearning the easy steps. He just hoped he didn't become frustrated while helping out. He wasn't as patient as Jimin and normally was far more rigorous on his own students. He would just have to remind himself it was a beginner class and he would have to stay calm.

Hoseok went to his kitchen, pulling out some bread and eggs. He looked over his shoulder, watching as Jimin pulled out his phone and sunk into the cushions of Hoseok's couch.

"Do you want anything to eat, Jimin?"

Jimin hummed as if thinking, "What are you making?"

"Eggs and toast."

After a moment of contemplative silence there was a shake of the head, "No, thanks, hyung. I already ate at my place."

Hoseok fixed breakfast, plating it quickly and scarfed the food down. He put his dishes in the sink and rushed to the bathroom to get ready. He showered at night so there was no need to stop and wash his hair. He brushed his teeth and fluffed up his hair, looking at his complexion in the mirror.

"Hurry up, hyung!" Jimin shouted from the living room.

"Coming!" Hosoek shouted back. He ran to his room, changing quickly and selecting a loose pair of grey sweat pants and a baggy white shirt. he slipped the items of clothing on before picking up his phone, wallet and house keys. Walking out of his room he saw Jimin was already standing at the front door, waiting on his with a smile.

"Ready for today, Hoseok hyung?" he asked giving a crescent eyed smile.

Hoseok returned the smile, "Yup."

The two made their way to the bus stop. It was a bright day and the sun was shining on them. Hoseok loved sunny days and he couldn't keep the smile off his face. There was a soft breeze blowing, ruffling the two's hair and making Hoseok inhale the fresh scent of grass. He could smell flowers somewhere... perhaps there was a flower stand nearby?

"You look happy today, hyung," Jimin commented as they finally reached the bus stop.

Hoseok nodded, watching as the bus pulled up with a hiss of its breaks, "I really am, Jimin. It's a beautiful day. I bet today is going to be great." Hoseok believed those words as he spoke them. He truly thought he was going to have an amazing day.