38

Yoongi twitched in pain. There was a darkness that had settled over him. He coughed a few times, finally opening his eyes. There was a soft light around him as he realized he was back in his own home. His pain ebbed away into nothing as he sat up, looking around. Holly was sleeping near the television again. The sight made him scoff. He saw Hoseok sitting in one of the smaller chairs, eyes closed and a an ethereal light playing around the crown of his head. It took Yoongi's breath away.

Yoongi swung his legs over and down onto the floor. The slight noise made Hoseok stir, his eyes opening as he looked over to Yoongi.

"Hey, baby." He cooed. He stood, walking over to Yoongi and hugging him as he kissed the crown of his head.

"Hoseok," Yoongi pulled back, "Was it all a nightmare? Jiyong at Jimin's? I'm not hurt," he looked down at his own skin. It was paler than he thought was usual but he paid it little heed.

"You're in a coma, Yoongi." Hosoek whispered back. His hands curling around Yoongi's own, "You're dying."

It seemed so unbelievable but it made sense to Yoongi. That's why everything was perfect. That's why all was peaceful.

"Then why are you here?" he asked, tilting his head.

Hoseok smiled, "To help you. I'm not really Hoseok. I'm sort of this voice in your head. You just chose Hosoek to be the representation of the voice."

"Oh," was all Yoongi could say. He looked down at his feet, a frown pulling at his lips.

"You have a choice, Yoongi,"Hosoek said. Yoong looked up to meet his eyes, nodding for him to continue, "You can die and all the pain you're feeling right now will go away. You'll never have to be in pain again."

It sounded so tempting but Yoongi needed to hear the rest, "Or?"

"Or you can live and go back to Hoseok. It won't be easy, Yoongi. It's going to hurt. It will be pain unlike you've ever felt and you're going to have to fight hard if you ever want to walk again. If at all. There's no guarantee that the muscle in your leg hasn't been torn too much for you to use it anymore."

Yoongi hesitated, "I love Hoseok."

"Hosoek smiled, "I know. And he loves you, too. So much. It's been two weeks and he hasn't left your side but a few times. He talks to you in your sleep. He holds your hand and cries himself to sleep beside you."

Yoongi' s own vision fogged with tears, "I want to go back to Hobi...."

Hoseok tilted his head, "Even if it hurts?"

"It will hurt me more knowing I don't have him."

"Mr. Jung?" A nurse asked Hoseok.

"Yes?" Hoseok was sat next to Yoongi's bed. Hand in hand, Yoongi's still and cold and Hoseok's warm and shaky as he ran his thumb over the older's knuckles.

"Your boyfriend has been in a coma for over two weeks, Mr. Jung. The doctors are talking about taking about trying something drastic to get him to wake up." The nurse informed him, standing near the door in case she was called away by an emergency.

Hosoek's brows furrowed, "What can they do?"

"They're talking about injecting his system with a high does of adrenaline to see if that will help."

"Will that hurt him?"

The nurse hesitated a moment, "It could, yes..."

Hoseok turned back to the ashen face of Yoongi. He had gotten even paler than he had been before. It was odd considering he had been freakishly pale beforehand. Hoseok just wanted him to be safe. He didn't want to risk his health - the little he had left on something that might not even work. But Hoseok also wanted him to wake up so badly. He was beginning to miss his love's voice.

"Can you give me a minute with him before you do anything?"

The nurse's gaze softened and she smiled sadly, "Of course. Take all the time you need. You can buzz me when you're ready." She stepped out of the room, closing the door behind her.

He clutched Yoongi's hand in his own. He could feel the tears slipping down his cheeks as he pressed a kiss to Yoongi's face, "Please," he whispered, "Please wake up, Yoongi hyung."

he settled his head onto Yoongi's shoulder, letting his tears run freely. He knew he had to be strong for both of them but one little moment of him breaking wouldn't hurt. Not as long as Yoongi wasn't awake. He felt the hand in his twitched. Hoseok leaned back in his chair, wiping his eyes with his free hand. Had he imagined it? He looked over to the heart rate monitor. Had it sped up a bit?

"Yoongi?" he tried again, running the pads of his fingers gingerly over the other's cheek.

Yoongi's face twitched in response to the touch before he cracked open one eye. The action wasn't lost on Hoseok, he could now hear the heart rate monitor picking up speed as Yoongi barely opened his left eye.

"Yoongi hyung!" Hosoek screamed for joy, his hand immediately slamming down on the emergency buzzer to call the nurse back. he went back to Yoongi. The older had barely moved but it seemed as I he was trying to use his voice. it came out in a more guttural slur of sound than anything but Hoseok still nodded as if he understood.

The nurse came rushing through the door. She looked rather frazzled but she, too, lit up when Hoseok announced that Yoongi had woken up.