39

Winter turned to spring and spring turned to summer - the seasons went by in a blur. Hoseok moved in with Yoongi. At first they both agreed that it would just be to help Yoongi get back up on his feet. It had turned into more than that. Once Yoongi had a bit more time, he was walking on his own, stumbling every once in awhile but in otherwise good condition and healing quickly. When Hoseok had deemed Yoongi fit for living on his own again and declared he was going to move back into his own apartment, Yoongi had gotten quite upset. There had been a small argument, ending in Yoongi pulling the younger close and shutting him up with a rough kiss. He had demanded Hoseok to stay, using his leg as an excuse but Hoseok knew better. He knew Yoongi had come to depend on him and didn't want to live without him.

The next thing the two of them knew as they returned back to their lives was that Hoseok was offered a place to perform onstage. He had run back to their shared apartment and gushed to Yoongi how excited he was at such a chance. There would be talent scouts in the audience as well as some of the most prestigious dance studio owners in the country. Yoongi had watched with a gummy smile as his boyfriend jumped up and down, shouting for joy and laughing with happiness. He never wanted that moment to end.

A few months later had Hoseok in the dressing room, straightening his outfit as he got ready to go onstage. he looked at himself in the mirror, scanning his eyes over the reflective material of his shirt, jacket and the tightness of his leather pants and what they did for his legs. He looked in the mirror, scrutinizing the eyeliner on his eyelids and the minimal amount of eyeshadow the makeup artist had put on him to accentuate the colors of his lid and eyes. He had to admit, the makeup did make his eyes pop.

Yoongi was standing behind him, eyes looking up and down his boyfriend's body and how flattering such an oufit was on him. He had always thought Hoseok looked particularly good in bright, bold colors - the kind that would reflect his personality - but as he looked into the mirror to see Hoseok's reflection, it dawned on him how incredibly good looking and hot Hoseok actually was. Yoongi had no idea he could actually pull of the dark, edgy vibe but he was doing an amazing job.

"God, you look amazing, babe." Yoongi took in the sparkle of Hoseok's clothes - the way the jacket flashed in the light as he twirled to give Yoongi a better look.

"Oh?" he giggled, "How good?"

Yoongi dropped his hands down to Hoseok's waist, pulling them together and letting their foreheads touch. He chuckled, wrapping his arms fully around the younger, letting his eyes wander the curves and colors of Hoseok's skin and eyes.

"You really want to know?" he brushed his lips up against Hoseok's ear before grazing his teeth down his boyfriend's throat. He knew he shouldn't be getting too physical right now - Hoseok was literally about to go on stage to perform - but he couldn't stop himself as he wondered how on earth someone could look so good.

Hoseok squeaked and Yoongi felt him nod faintly. Yoongi pulled back. Sincerity sparkled in his eyes as he smiled softly, "You are literally the most gorgeous person I've ever laid my eyes on." he pressed a firm kiss to Hoseok's lips and smiled when Hoseok kissed him back.

There was a knock on the door, interrupting the couple's moment. A man poked his head in, his nose buried in a clipboard and a headset over his ears as he told Hoseok he was next to go on. Hoseok muttered a quick ok and gave Yoongi one last kiss before they parted ways. he was so excited and so happy his boyfriend would watch him perform properly for the first time. He had spent months on this chorography and he wanted Yoongi to be proud of him.

He heard his name called by the announcer as he walked out on stage. The spot lights hit him directly in the face, blinding him momentarily but he loved it all the same. The music started as he took his first position.

Hosoek danced his heart out. He felt the rhythm and bass crashing though and flooding his body. He worked up a sheen of sweat and it dampened the tips of his hair, plastering the ends to his forehead. It felt so good to dance and perform again. Hoseok had forgotten the adrenalin and the thrill. He couldn't imagine why he had stopped. Of course, he knew it was because Jiyong had demanded he stop performing, claiming he didn't want anyone else looking at his boyfriend. Hoseok had been a fool to agree - this was thrilling - this was what life was about.

Hoseok finished with a flair. He had been practicing an extravagant death drop. He let his knees fold beneath him as he spun his arms until his back came into contact with the cold stage beneath him. The crowd cheered, all of them standing as the applause grew. Hoseok let himself catch his breath for a few seconds before he slowly stood. He bowed to the audience and heard some shouts and whistles. It made him grin. He heard the announcer say his name again and telling him to take one more bow. He did so gratefully, wiping some of the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand.

The M.C.'s voice boomed through the mic once more, "Before this dancer moves on, there's something very important someone has to ask him...." there was a chuckle.

Hoseok looked around, confused but he saw Yoongi limp onto the stage, determination clear on his face as he hobbled to where Hoseok was standing. Someone ran out and gave him and mic of his own.

Yoongi sighed. He couldn't believe he was actually doing this. He stuffed one hand into his pocket, curling it around the object there to try and calm himself.

"Hoseok," he paused. He hadn't prepared anything. He hadn't thought this through at all. All the things he thought about Hoseok on a daily basis flew out of his head. All he could think about was the unspoken admiration he had for the other.

Hoseok nodded for him to go on, nothing but confusion written clearly across his face. He looked into the front row of the audience to glace at his friends. Jin was literally crying while Namjoon was trying to calm him down and Taehyung was quite excitedly bouncing up and down in his seat. His eyes widened as he finally realized what was going on. When he looked back to Yoongi - he wasn't there. He caught a glimpse of blond dyed hair and glanced down. Yoongi was on one knee - his good knee of course - and holding a red, velvet box.

"Hoseok, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. You're the sun in my eyes and sometimes you're so bright I can barely look at you - like tonight. You were so brilliant on stage and I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. You're everything I could ever want in a partner. I really do love you, Jung Hoseok. I know we had a rough start all those month ago but... will you do me an honor and become Min Hoseok?" Yoongi opened the velvet box with shaky hands.

There was a ring in the box, a brilliant one at that. Yoongi had selected a more conservative ring. It was just a sterling metal band with a heart shaped diamond embedded in the middle. It wasn't overly sparkly - just like Yoongi and Hoseok loved everything about it.

Hoseok's hands immediately went to cover his mouth. He didn't know when it had dropped open, only that it had. Tears pricked at his eyes but they were happy tears. Yoongi was everything he had ever wanted and he felt so loved. And the fact that Yoongi would make a public proposal certainly tugged at his heart. He couldn't help it, he burst into tears. He covered his eyes as he sobbed silently. He felt strong arms wrap around him and Yoongi's gravelly voice shushing him and trying to calm him. Hoseok pulled back and started nodding - in fact he couldn't stop.

"Yes, I'll marry you, Min Yoongi." Hoseok threw his arms back around Yoongi. He heard Yoongi chuckle and felt the rumble of it in his chest as he held the younger close.

Hoseok felt him shift a bit before Yoongi's voice sounded through the microphone, "He said yes,"

=========================

The Epilogue is next people! Have you enjoyed so far? Please let me know if you like it so I can make more stories like it :)