22

Jimin was still sitting at the bar. He was quietly sipping his drink and looking around. The rap battle between Namjoon and Yoongi had ended some time ago. Namjoon had gone to drink with Jimin after it had ended, suffering a bitter defeat by a final blow delivered from Yoongi. he had then taken off to go talk to some of his other rapper friends awaiting their own turn on stage.

He had briefly wondered when Taehyung could have gotten off to when the younger came running up from behind gripping onto his shoulders and spinning him around.

"I can't find Hoseok hyung!' Taehyung was out of breath, trying to suck in as much air as he could manage as he looked around desperately for his friend.

Jimin shook his head slightly, "Tae, calm down. He just texted that the was on his way home."

"What?" Taehyung locked eyes with Jimin, "That's like ten miles away and I drove all of us over here. Where'd he get a ride?"

"From Yoongi," Jimin muttered under his breath. Taehyung still heard it, though. Curse the younger's abnormally good hearing.

"From Yoongi?" Taehyung yelled. He looked a bit angry.

"Yeah," Jimin shot Taehyung a sheepish smile.

"Since when would that dirt bag give out Hobi a ride home? I thought the plan was to keep them away from each other so Hoseok could have a nice evening out!"

"I decided to fix things..." Jimin looked down and started playing with his fingers - anything to avoid the glare of pure anger Taehyung was giving him.

Taehyung's balled his hands into fists, "What did you do? What do you mean you decided to fix things?"

"Please let me explain before you jump down my throat or interrupt, ok?" Jimin pleaded. When he received a slight nod from Taehyung he continued, "I have a friend who works here at the club who also knows Yoongi. He's never met you or Taehyung. I just asked for his help in making Yoongi a bit jealous."

"That's it? That's the whole thing? And Hoseok was ok with it?"

"Well... Hoseok may not have known..." Jimin flinched and squished his eyes shut, expecting Taehyung to start screaming at him and tell him how insanely stupid he had been but there was only silence. Opening one eye he looked at Taehyung. the younger had an expression of disbelief on his face, erasing the anger that had been there before. he was simply standing there, somewhat dumbfounded.

Shaking himself out of it he finally spoke, "How could he not know?"

"I may have asked him to just kind of come onto Hosoek in front of Yoongi. He told me where Yoongi comes and goes through the club so I just told Hoseok to go look around there. You know he doesn't like to sit still so in the end, it seems to have worked out. My friend texted me that it was a success."

"Jimin," Taehyung's voice was a low warning tone as he rubbed his face, "You need to stop manipulating things! You're just getting them into trouble!"

"They'll never find out. And according to the friend who helped me out, they seemed to leave here pretty chummy."

"That doesn't matter!" Taehyung was still yelling but he didn't care. Jimin sometimes went too far or his own good, "You can't do things like that to people, Jimin. I don't care what your intentions are, you need to stop playing matchmaker and manipulating people into liking each other."

Jimin shook his head, "I can't make them like each other. I just see a spark that needs some help becoming a fire and I dump some lighter fluid onto it - is that not helpful? Is that manipulative?"

"It is when you set them up on weird, first dates and get one of them drunk and when you set one of them up to make the other jealous," Taehyung crossed his arms. He seemed to have more control over his voice and stopped his yelling but his tone was stern and perhaps a bit angry.

Jimin sighed, "Before you say anything else, let's see what Hoseok says in the morning, ok?"

Taehyung shook his head but agreed anyway. As long as Hoseok as happy, what could it hurt?