28

The day after Yoongi's disastrous date with Hoseok, he had dance class. Luckily, Hoseok seemed to have taken the day off - at least Yoongi didn't see him. He supposed the younger could be working but perhaps just avoiding him. It had weighed heavily on his mind. At the restaurant he had almost convinced himself that Hoseok had ditched him and left using the bathroom as an excuse but then he had shown back up....

As the other dancers were leaving the studio after a hard hour of dance practice, Yoongi grabbed Jimin's arm before he could go anywhere, pulling him aside so they could talk. Yoongi needed answers and the helpful, cute bestfriend would be a good place to start.

"Do you know what's wrong with Hoseok?" Yoongi asked. He was beyond worried. Hoseok wasn't being his normal happy self.

Jimin nodded, a sad look taking over his features, "He'll be mad if I tell you."

"Please tell me," Yoongi pleaded. he was desperate as to what to do to make Hoseok feel better. He didn't even know when he had started to care so much but he had, "I need to know."

Jimin sighed, looking at the clock, "Do you have a lunch break?"

"I'm off all day today," Yoongi replied.

"Good. Do you know the coffee shop down the street?"

"Seokjin's Coffee?"

"Yeah, my friend owns it and I spend most of my lunch breaks there. Can you meet me there at noon? I'll explain everything."

Yoongi nodded. He left his class, knowing he had around two hours to kill before he had to meet the younger at the coffee sop. he decided to go to the store. Perhaps he could find something that might cheer Hoseok up.

---------------------------------

"Ok, tell me everything." Yoongi was sitting across from Jimin in a small booth at Seokjin's coffee shop. The shop was quaint - mostly neutral colors decorating the place but there was a certain underlying hint of pink.

Jimin nodded, taking a sip from his drink Jin had already had waiting on him when the two had arrived, "First you have to promise not to tell Hoseok I told you."

"I promise." Yoongi shrugged.

"Wait -" Jin interjected as he set down two sandwiches on their table "You're not actually going to tell him, are you?" The older had seemed to appear out of nowhere with two delicious looking sandwich plates. He wiped his hands on his pink apron and glared at the youngest.

"Of course. He's Hoseok's man, he deserves to know." Jimin promptly took a giant bite out of the sandwich Jin had put in front of him, nodded to Jin how good he thought it tasted.

"Jimin, Hoseok said not to tell anyone." Jin's voice was sern, his hands on his hips as he effectively ignored Yoongi and focused all of his attention on Jimin.

"Hoseok is just afraid. Yoongi deserves to know, don't you think?"

"It doesn't matter what I think! He trusts you not to say anything! You're just going to throw away his trust like that?"

Yoongi looked back and forth between the two before speaking up and stopping the two bickering, "I can't fix what I don't know is broken. Please, help me help Hoseok."

Jin sighed. Those words pulled at his heart and he could understand why Jimin was breaking Hoseok's trust. Yoongi ctually wanted to help. Taking one last glance at Jimin he replied, "Hoseok's heart is what's broken. What was broken was a few of his ribs and an arm when he was with that bastard, Jiyong." With that being said, he stormed away.

"What does that mean? Did someone hurt Hoseok?" Yoongi's blood boiled at the mere thought.

"Not too long ago - maybe a bit over a year, Hoseok was dating this guy named Jiyong. We all liked him, even Jin. We thought he was a good guy. Hoseok had met him at the local dance club. he was looking for a few lessons and he had seen Hoseok perform and went over to tell him what he thought. They seemed to hit if off and went out for drinks. A few months later, they were dating. Time went on, they moved in together and they seemed like a normal, happy couple." Jimin sighed and let his head droop, "And then Jiyong started showing his real side. "

"What does that mean?"Yoongi took a bite of the sandwich Jin had set down in front of him. Jimin copied his actions, taking a sip of his drink before continuing.

"It means that Jiyong was an asshole. he went out drinking all the time and would come back home drunk every night. Hoseok used to cry about it, thinking it was his fault for not being good enough. He thought he was the reason Jiyong would drink. Then one day, Jiyong hit Hoseok. he had been drunk but that son of a bitch still hit Hobi." Jimin spat, "Some more time went on and Hoseok started to get quieter. he would barely show up for any get-togethers or parties. Every time I'd see him he'd have a fresh bruise but he would always make up some excuse."

"He was being beaten?" Yoongi half yelled. he was immediate shushed by several older patrons of Jin's shop but he rolled his eyes and ignored them.

Jimin nodded, "I was going over to their apartment one day. I was going there to try and convince Hoseok to move out and break up with that dirt bag but when I got there the door was wide open. I went inside because I knew something as wrong. The door was never just open like that. I found Hoseok on the floor in a pool of his own blood. I just called the ambulance and called Jin and we forced him to move out. Jin wouldn't even let him to and get his stuff back. he and our friend Taehyung did that. he lived with Jin for a few months before he saw an opening in my apartment building. He's been living there ever since."

As much as the thought of someone hurting a happy angle like Hoseok made him want to throw some punches, he had to know, "What does that have to do with his mood now?"

Jimin sighed, "I'm getting there." He took a sip of his drink before continuing, "Jiyong didn't just leave Hoseok alone. He would show up to his work place, which, at the time had been a fast food place, and he would incessantly call and text Hobi. He kept threatening him to come back or that he would hurt him. A few month later, al the calls and texts stopped. Jiyong had no idea where Jin or I lived and Hoseok moved to my apartment building and I helped him get a job at the dance studio. We thought we'd heard the last of Jiyong."

Yoongi shook his head, "Ok? So?"

Jimin tsk-ed, "Have patience, hyung." He continued, "Hoseok saw him at the restaurant you two went to last night."

"It spooked him that much just to see him? I mean, I can understand being afraid and wanting to leave but he couldn't even walk without shaking, Jimin. He looked like he'd been crying." Again Yoongi was perplexed but Jimin soon cleared it up for him.

"Hoseok didn't just see Jiyong. He said when he went to the bathroom, Jiyong followed him..." Jimin hesitated for a moment. He didn't want to start any trouble and by the look on Yoongi's face he could tell the other was angry - furious with this man he didn't even know.

"What does that mean?" Yoongi bit out. Unfortunately, he already had an idea of where this was going.

"He hit Hoseok, pinned him to a wall and threatened him again. He said he'd be back and that Hoseok was his." Jimin heaved a sigh, "Hoseok is scared to death because he knows Jiyong might actually do something and he'd certainly hurt people. He was crying all morning about you maybe getting hurt in all this."

Yongi seemed torn for a moment, "Thanks, Jimin. You've been a big help. I'm going to go talk to Hoseok." He stood and made his way out of the coffee shop but not before he heard Jimin yell, "Don't tell him I told you!"

-----------------------

Please comment - your comments make my day and help me to keep writing!