36

"We're calling the police and waiting here." Yoongi dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up at the station.

"No!" Hoseok yelled. It shocked Yoongi slightly. The younger had never yelled at him before, "I won't wait here. My best friend is in trouble and I'm going to help him!"

"Hoseok, don't be stupid," Yoongi hissed. Someone at the police station picked up and he had to put his argument with his boyfriend on hold, "Yes I have an emergency. My friend is in trouble - someone has broken into his apartment and he texted me to call for help. Where am I?" Hoseok had decided he was done waiting. He was going to take off and try nd save his friend but before he could step away, Yoongi had an iron grip around his upper arm and he wasn't letting go. He shot Hosoek an angry, disapproving look and kept the younger close to him.

"What the hell does it mater where I am? My friend is in trouble please help him! No, you calm down!" Yoongi was full on yelling into the phone at whatever poor soul was doing their job on the other end. Hosoek snatched the device away from his, holding it up to his ear and hurriedly explain the situation and giving them Jimin's address and name before hanging up.

"We need to go!" Hoseok urged, still trying to pull his arm away.

"No, Hoseok," Yoongi tugged him back, "We'll wait on the police."

"The police station is on the other side of town and they won't send in two guys if they think this man is dangerous. They'll wait for backup! What would you do if this was your best friend?" Hoseok tried to give Yoongi his most sincere look, begging silently with his eyes that he would let him go. Jimin was important to hi - more important than his own life. He couldn't and wouldn't wait for something to happen to him.

His phone buzzed again. He pulled it out, opening the message.

He's in my room Hoseok... I'm scared please help me

He showed it to Yoongi, desperate now. Yoongi's face hardened. He let go of Hosoek and nodded in something akin to defeat.

"Stay behind me the entire time and if something happens, you run. Do you understand?"

Hoseok nodded emphatically, eyes glistening with unfallen tears as he rushed to the door. he heard Yoongi following closely behind him.

"Wait _" Hosoek paused, turning to watch as Yoongi ran back into the kitchen to fetch a rather sharp, however small, knife from the knife block, "Now we're ready."

Yoongi had run in the direction of the elevator but as he slowed to press the button, Hoseok caught his arm and proceeded to drag him to the end of the hall. Yoongi heard him shouting something incoherent about how elevators took too long and the stairs would be faster.

Yoongi knew Hoseok loved Jimin and that they were best friends but he couldn't help the thought that passed in the back of his mind of how much he hated stairs and running. The younger thundered up the poorly carpeted steps, his breath leaving his throat as quickly as he could reclaim it. There was nothing but panic and adrenalin flooding his system as he ran. He could hear Yoongi's ragged breathing behind him and he felt a twinge of guilt for exerting his boyfriend so with his hangover.

Soon enough, Hoseok bolted through the door leading to Jimin's floor. He heard the bang of the metal as it rammed into the wall. He didn't care. All he cared about was Jimin. He needed to get to Jimin. He saw the silver numbers shining on Jimin's door. The door was thrown open , however, wood splintering off the frame. Dread pooled in Hoseok as he launched himself through the opening. He could no longer hear Yoongi behind him. All he could hear was the beating of his own heart.

Jimin's apartment was unrecognizable. It was normal for it to be messy but Jiyong has trashed and wrecked everything just like he had with Hosoek's apartment. Hosoek's eyes immediately fell onto a larger person, holding Jimin down on the floor, several other men standing around his best friend.

"Stop!" he screamed.

And everyone did. Faintly, he heard Yoongi crashing into the open door behind him before trotting to his side, knife clutched tightly in his hand.

The man pinning Jimin to the floor stood and turned. Hoseok recognized him immediately. Of course he was Jiyong. Hoseok's eyes flicked back to Jimin. His heart felt like it was ripping in half. His best friend was limp on the hardwood floor, tears streaming down his cheeks as he sniffed repeatedly, trying to keep himself together. There was a bruise on his cheek and a bit of blood around his mouth. Hoseok's blood boiled. No one hurt Jimin - not while he was around.

"About time you showed up, Hoseokie," Jiyong's words were soft, his eyes on the floor flicking back to his own bloodied hands every few seconds. The few men around Jiyong were still. All but one,anyway, and he grabbed Jimin and held him down to his chest. Hoseok wished he could have seen his face but all Jiyong's men had their faces covered with masks.

"Leave Jimin alone." Hosoek tried to keep his voice calm but he could hear the waver.

Jiyong smiled. It was another one of those fake, loving smiles that made Hoseok's stomach turn with fear and hate. Yoongi grabbed his boyfriend's hand, pulling him slightly behind himself. He kept a tight hold on his knife, he could feel his knuckles turning white.

"Whatever you want, you're not getting so leave." Yoongi's voice was strong and low, unlike Hoseok's. There was power in that voice.

"Who is he, Hoseokie?" Jiyong demanded, "He's that little bitch who was with you in the restaurant that night, isn't he?" His hands clenched into fists.

Hoseok gripped onto Yoongi's arm.

"I'm his boyfriend, asshole." Yoongi growled.

They heard a faint, "Hell yeah you are," coming from Jimin before his mouth was covered by the man holding him still. If it had been any other time, Hoseok would have smiled but he knew it took so much effort from Jimin to say those words as afraid and hurt as he already was.

Jiyong's own face twisted, "I'm Hoseok's love. I always have been and always will be. He's mine and only mine."

"No." Hoseok spoke. Yoongi turned his head slightly to look at him, "I'm Yoongi hyung's." he took a deep breath. It was not time to be afraid, "As long as Yoongi hyung is around, I'm his."

Jiyong smiled again. Hoseok hated it. Looking at the action made his insides twist.

"Then I'll just take him away." Jiyong barked something in a language Hosek didn't understand - English? - and the rest of his men stepped forward and towards Yoongi.

-----------------------

we're almost at the end! What's everyone thinking so far? XD