27

Hoseok stayed in the bathroom for what felt like years. He stayed, lying on the floor, letting his tears leak out. He felt threatened, broken and afraid. He didn't want Yoongi to get involved and he had ruined their first real date. The man who had walked in on Hosoek and Jiyong returned after a while. He immediately saw Hoseok on the floor, rushing to his side and helping him up.

"Are you ok?"

Hosoek didn't answer verbally, he just shook his head and shakily wiped away his tears. He wasn't paying much attention, He had no clue who this helpful soul was - not taking the time to even glance, much less study his features. He simply knew that the man had a kind voice and had picked him up off the dirty floor.

"Do you need help getting home?"

Again, Hoseok shook his head, "I need to find my friend..."

"Do you need help getting there?"

Not trusting his own legs to carry him, Hoseok nodded. He felt the man put a comforting arm around his waist, propping him up as the two stumbled out of the restroom. Hoseok's pointed towards his and Yoongi's table.

"What's going on? What happened to you?" Yoongi stood from his place at the table, eyeing the man helping Hoseok as well as Hoseok himself.

"Yoongi, I want to leave." His voice was low and fragile. Yoongi hadn't missed his red rimmed eyes and tear streaked cheeks either. He looked like a complete mess, trembling and looking for something - anything - to clutch onto to help hold himself up.

"What?" Yoongi looked at Hosek's half finished plate, "You've barely eaten."

"Yoongi, please!" Hoseok's voice held some kind of desperation that Yoongi couldn't ignore. He nodded dumbly and left to go get their check. Hoseok stood beside their table, his head hung low in shame. He had ruined this date. Now Yoongi would never want to go out with him. What had he been thinking?

Yoongi returned, concern floating in his dark eyes as he ushered Hoseok out of the restaurant. his arm was tight around Hoseok's waist, pulling the two together as they walked side by side. His warmth was comforting to Hoseok. he slightly leaned into the older.

"Do you want me to take you home?" he asked as he opened his car door for Hoseok. Hoseok slumped down into the car chair cushion and nodded numbly.

The ride back to Hoseok's apartment and even the walk there was completely silent. Hoseok seemed preoccupied with the thoughts in his head and for some reason, Yoongi didn't want to disturb him just yet. They finally made it to Hoseok's apartment. As usual, Hoseok let both of them inside.

"Yoongi, I'm sorry." Hoseok said as he all but fell onto the couch.

Yoongi hummed. He was concerned and a bit afraid of what might've happened. Was it his fault? "Please, tell me what happened?"

Hosoek wouldn't meet his eyes, "I- I can't."

"Why not?" Now Yoongi was getting frustrated.

"Maybe you were right, maybe this wasn't a good idea." All Hoseok could think of was what would happen if Jiyong ever got his hands on Yoongi. He was pencil thin, even if he talked big or had a quick temper, he was no match for Hosoek's ex boyfriend.

"What are you talking about?" Yoongi shook his head, "We went through all of this and now you're saying it was a mistake?"

Hoseok had to keep Yoongi safe. If that meant ending things with him, Hoseok would. If it was the last thing he did, he'd never let anything happen to this man. Hoseok was growing so fond of him and it killed hi inside to let go but he had to. Jiyong was looking for him now - he wanted him back and he would hurt Hoseok or anyone else.

"I think you should go..." Hoseok barely whispered. Yoongi still heard it. A look of determination came across his face.

"No." He said firmly, gathering Hoseok in his arms, he sat down on the couch, pulling the younger on top of him, hugging him tightly to himself, "I'm not leaving you here by yourself in this state. I thought we were having such a good night... please, tell me what's wrong."

Hoseok felt more tears welling, stringing his eyes and clouding his vision. What did he ever do to deserve someone like Yoongi? Anyone else would have walked out and left him. Anyone else would have been angry. And while Yoongi sounded pretty ticked off, here he was, cuddling Hoseok and waiting for him to answer.

"I can't say..."

"Why not?" Yoongi pulled back from the embrace slightly to look into Hoseok's face. he could tell the younger was holding back tears. It killed him that he wouldn't answer a simple question. It wasn't difficult. There was nothing that could be so bad.

"I just can't. You wouldn't understand."

"You're right, I can't understand if you don't tell me."

"Please, let it go." Hoseok buried his head in the crook of Yoongi's neck. He tried not to cry but the tears seemed to have found their way out anyway. So there they sat, Hoseok in Yoongi's lap, quietly weeping. His shoulders shook every now and then and he would be hushed by Yoongi as he rubbed comforting circles in the younger's back. The two sat like that for a long time until Hoseok finally cried himself to sleep, subtle snores coming from his mouth and echoing in Yoongi's ear. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, Yoongi dialed Jimin's number. They had exchanged numbers earlier at Jimin's last party. When Jimin picked up he seemed happy. His mood quickly turned sour when Yoongi told him he needed to come spend the night with Hoseok due to his crying.

Jimin let himself inside Hoseok's apartment five minutes later, his eyes landing on Yoongi and Hoseok. Hoseok was still softly snoring while Yoongi was just beginning to nod off. At the sound of the door opening and closing, his eyes snapped open. he relaxed when he saw it was just Jimin. Yoongi gently shifted Hoseok off of himself and onto the couch. Hoseok stirred but didn't awaken.

"Thank you for coming, Jimin. I don't think he would have wanted me to take care of him." Yoongi whispered. he gathered his things, being as quiet as possible.

"What happened? I thought you two were going out tonight?"

"We did. he came back to the table halfway through our meal after going to the bathroom and begged me to take him home. He wouldn't tell me why."

Jimin nodded, "Don't worry, hyung. I'll find out. Thank you for looking after him and not dumping him."

Yoongi looked back to the sleeping form of Hoseok. His nose twitched a bit in his sleep but to Yoongi, he looked angelic, "I couldn't dream of leaving him like that." With that, he left, making sure to close the door gently behind him.

-------------------------

GUESS WHO'S BACK!